Dear Youth of America,
Only 43% of the American population between the ages of 18–29 voted in the last presidential election.
This year, if only around 60% of your age group casts a ballot, your vote will determine the outcome of the 2020 election. You, the youth of America, have the power.
Here are a few reasons why your vote matters:
- Climate: Global warming poses a critical threat to our planet. Our environment, our health, our nation, and the globe are at risk right now. We need leaders who believe in science and will guide us toward clean energy.
- LGBTQ: During the first week of the Trump administration, the mention of LGBTQ rights disappeared from the White House website. Trump banned trans people from the military. Gender identity and sexual orientation questions were removed from the 2020 Census. The rights of LGBTQ Americans to marry, adopt children, and be accepted are at risk.
- Race, #BLM, Say Their Name: It seems doubtful that Trump could name a single POC killed this year. Peaceful protesters are not thugs. This generation is demanding change and your vote will force our leaders to take notice.
- Healthcare: Preexisting conditions are something young people should not have to think about. Every single person deserves quality healthcare, not just those who can afford it. Let’s make it a right, not a privilege.
- Minimum wage: Changing this nationally to $15 an hour will change the lives of many Americans, young and old.
- Reproductive rights: Vote to ensure that women are in control of their own healthcare. These decisions should not be made by men in Washington, D.C.
- College education: A solid college education should be free for the kids of families making under $125K a year. College shouldn’t be available only to those whose families can afford it.
Who you vote for is private. Whether or not you register and whether or not you vote is public information. Trump is doing everything he can to suppress your vote. Don’t let him. Don’t let anyone take this right away from you.
Visit VoteSaveAmerica to verify your registration, check your voting rights, and learn about helping to protect the vote.
You matter and your vote matters.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.