5:30pm “Happy 1/2 Hour” —— 6pm Meeting
Diane McQueen, Outlaw Dark Money and
Eric Moore, Candidate for Prescott City Council
Meeting ID: 913 333 5046 Passcode: 134798
Meeting ID: 913 333 5046
Donate to Prescott Indivisible & Double Your Money…
With Matching Funds through May 30Donations made to Prescott Indivisible via ActBlue will be matched by National Indivisible through May 30. Every dollar (up to $500) gets matched. PI will spend this money on public education, voter registration and group building. These efforts are what PI does so well, so please donate! Click HERE to donate—Then choose ActBlue
Prescott Indivisible Website
Mother’s Day ~ A Day for Peace
Sunday, May 9, Noon
South Courthouse Steps on Goodwin Street Side
Speakers – Music – Sharing
Prescott Peacebuilder’s Mission: To inspire our community to believe in and work toward a more peaceful, livable world. We are committed to building an identity of PEACE and a culture of nonviolence in Prescott, Arizona: “Everybody’s Hometown”. We are inclusive and non-political, and we align ourselves to the core beliefs and practices of the International Campaign of Nonviolence.Prescott PeaceBuilders Facebook Page
Climate Change – Where do we go from here?Wednesday, May 12th, 6pmNorthern Arizona University professor Brian Petersen will spotlight why climate change is so polarizing despite overwhelming evidence and science that climate change is happening society remains divided on its causes and solutions. Open discussion and Q & A will be encouraged to explore potential ways for empowering society to address the greatest challenge of our time.To Register CLICK HEREInformation: Kari Hull.email@example.com
Citizens Water Advocacy Group General Meeting
“Albuquerque’s Water Security Plan: Lessons for the Quad Cities?”
Thursday, May 13th 2:00PM – 4:00PM via Zoom
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE
Albuquerque believed it had a vast aquifer to supply it with water in perpetuity until a U.S. Geological Survey revealed the aquifer was not only much smaller than thought, but shrinking fast. Albuquerque had gone from perceived water security to a real water crisis, virtually overnight. Rick Shean, Water Rights Manager for the Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Authority, will detail the steps taken to secure prompt action from local officials and buy-in from the public to tackle the emergency, discuss the plans put in place to ensure success, and provide insights for other communities in the southwest.
Prescott Area Move To Amend Monthly Meeting
Thursday, May 20, 5:30 p.m.
Featured speaker: Brandon Montoya, candidate for Prescott City Council, running for election in August. Move To Amend is interested in accountability and integrity in government–our ultimate goal is a functioning, representative democracy, nationwide. Montoya will discuss with us his views on how this relates to governance right here in beautiful Prescott, Arizona. ZOOM LINK– CLICK HERE
Brandon Montoya needs volunteers to help with outreach.
CONTACT him at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR phone/text 928-460-0972
It’s been a LONG Year and a Half! Come Celebrate Spring with us at the GYCC Family & Friends Picnic. Things will be a little different this year as “out of an abundance of caution” GYCC will be following CDC and City Guidelines for Covid Safety.
Before you go… read the guidelines and safety protocols HERE
SAVE THE DELLS
THE CITY OF PRESCOTT is committed to soliciting public input for the development plans of both the Prescott North and Granite Creek Corridor areas and encourages citizens to visit the websites for each area for more information. The sites will be updated as more details become available.
VISIT the Prescott North Area website HERE
Then…PLEASE submit your input HERE
Fronm PolitiFact. Read it HERE
Arizona Legislative UPDATE
Read it HERE
Indivisible National Upcoming Events
Please attend the topic that interests you.
- May 10th: Advanced Facebook (afternoon)
- May 11th: How to create an effective lobbying strategy
- May 12th: Advanced Facebook (evening)
- May 13th: Econ Justice Work Group
- May 15th: Tough Talk: Tools for Anti-Racism Conversations with Friends and Family. Join Dr. David Campt and his colleagues from The Dialogue Company and learn how to directly address “racism skeptics” as well as how to increase your ability to positively influence the people within your circle of friends and family.
- Register here:
- May 18th: Immigration Working Group
- May 19th: Indivisible’s Distributed Technology Q&A
- May 21st: Democracy Reform Working Group
- May 22nd: Distributed Technology Training Day Our Training and Data teams are thrilled to announce our brand-new curriculum, based on feedback from Indivisibles interested in learning the best practices of data, technology, and distributed tools. We’ll go in-depth on using Indivisible tools, including the specific technology that will assist your on-the-ground organizing, dive into how to create a digital organizing plan, and more, and we invite group leaders as well as members to take part. This virtual gathering will be a jam-packed half-day training filled with sessions designed for all activists across the network, we hope you’re able to join!
- Register here: 12pm Pacific Time https://indivisible.org/indivisible-distributed-technology-training-day-registration
- May 24th: Climate Working Group
- May 25th: POC Monthly Call
- May 26th: Truth Brigade Call
- May 26th: Monthly Rural Raucous Call
- June 1st: Healthcare Working Group
- June 3rd: June National Activist Call
- June 7th: Advocacy in a pandemic
Please complete the Indivisible CensusThis is how we determine where/what to focus on in the upcoming years.
Please click here and take a few minutes to complete the Indivisible Census today.
Tricia Sauer, Senior Regional Organizing Manager, email@example.com
Nuclear Resister #6
Making the Case Against New Nuclear Bomb Pits
Nuclear weapon bomb cores, or plutonium pits, were the topic of an earlier issue about the massive expansion in production of these pits. Below is a press release about action that is being taken by several public interest groups. If this issue is not resolved, and litigation is necessary, the broader public’s voice will certainly be needed and encouraged to give input. Stay tuned!
There are several beautiful statements from American Indian activist about environmental justice, and the desecration of sacred places. Groups Notify Biden Admin of Impending Lawsuit over Nuclear Bomb Cores.
Posted 04-21-21 by Marylia Kelly, Director of Tri-Valley CAREs
Multi-state coalition says DOE’s plans to massively expand plutonium pit production violate a major environmental law and constitutes an environmental injustice…
Please click this link for the full article.
prescottindivisible.org Calendar of Events HEREEmail firstname.lastname@example.org
Prescott Indivisible onYouTube
Prescott Indivisible Steering Committee Meetings are open to all members and are held every other Tuesday at 5:00pm via Zoom. If you would like to attend a meeting, please send an email to email@example.com to receive the link to the meeting.
SENATOR KYRSTEN SINEMA
825 B&C Hart Senate Office Building Washington DC 20510
REPRESENTATIVE PAUL GOSAR
2057 Rayburn HOB, Washington, DC 20515 202-225-2315
6499 S. Kings Ranch Rd. #4, Gold Canyon, AZ 85118 480-882-2697
220 N. 4th St., Kingman, AZ (by appt. only)
122 N. Cortez St., Suite 104, Prescott, AZ 86301 928-445-1683
GOVERNOR DOUG DUCEY
State Capitol, 1700 West Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85007 602.542.4331
Senator Karen Fann firstname.lastname@example.org 602-926-5874
Rep. Judy Burges email@example.com 602-926-3256
Rep. Qwang Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org (602) 926-3258
MAYOR GREG MENGARELLI
201 S. Cortez St. Prescott 928.777.1248
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.