We know we need climate action, and we need it fast. But WHICH actions will be effective? New systems and new ways of thinking are needed in many domains including what we can do to see that this happens.
My guests on Conversations will be my sons, Steve and Mike Newman, both of whom are considered experts in evaluating which practices can and cannot help mitigate climate change.
Mike is the CEO of Returnity and considered one of the leading experts in the transformation of logistics platforms from single-use packaging to reusables, combating the mountains of corrugated cardboard entering our waste stream while saving millions in logistics expenses. He has shared his expertise on The Today Show, The New York Times, NPR, and elsewhere.
Steve is a policy advisor to the Chair of the DNC Council on the Environment and Climate Crisis and the author of the highly regarded blog Climateer, where he has shared his analysis on topics such as:
- Climate Change is 87% Business.
- The real climate action takes place in the business world. It’s critical that we find ways to change the behavior of businesses, not just individuals.
- If Carbon Offsets are the Answer, What is the Question?
- Everything You Need To Know About Climate Science In Seven Words.
- Zero emissions. Pretty darn soon. Methane first.
- It’s Time To Fight For The Right To Build.
- Red Tape Is No Longer Green.
Join us on Sunday, March 12, at 7:30 pm ET for Conversations!
Register for this meeting here.
Image courtesy Returnity
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.