Happy Earth Day!
You recycle, use your own bags at the grocery store, and advocate for environmental protections. You want to do more to help the planet, but where to begin? How about here:
Recycle nail polish, Christmas lights, old hair dye and other items you didn’t know where recyclable.
Switch to a vegetarian menu for just 1 meal a week and save the greenhouse gas emission equivalent of driving 1,160 miles.
Walk just half of commutes less than 1 mile and save ~2 million metric tons of carbon/year, the equivalent of taking 400,000 cars off the road.
In honor of the 51st Earth Day, we’ve developed a list of 51 tips like these to help you live lighter on the planet. The guide, Earth Day Every Day, draws on guidance from scientists, environmental advocacy organizations, and others. If each of us does just a handful of actions on this list, it will have a significant impact on the world around us. So, pick a few and join us in celebrating Earth Day every day.
The Suit Up Maine Admin Team
On our website you’ll also find:
- Maine Votes 2020: Everything you need to vote November 3, including actions, volunteer opportunities, and links to voter forms.
- Letter to the Editor Guide: Tips on writing LTEs and a list of Maine newspapers that accept them.
- Top Events: A list of upcoming progressive events across the state.
- Guides & Explainers: Resources on complex topics.
- Civic Dashboard: Contact info for your elected officials, tutorials on the legislative process, and more.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.