Photo credit: CC BY-SA 2.0
Rallying for Ohio Women
Ohio women are ready to take the lead! Ohio Senate candidates Crystal Lett, Kathy Wyenandt, Betsy Rader and Christian Johnson held a virtual rally for women this week.
They were joined by special guests Portage County Commissioner Kathleen Clyde, Ohio Federation of Teachers President Melissa Cropper, state Sen. Nickie Antonio, state Sen. Sandra Williams, Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur, Ohio Democratic Party Vice Chair Rhine McLin and Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio/Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio President and CEO Iris Harvey.
Check it out:
Republicans Resorting to Desperate Attacks on Schroder and Tims
With their re-election prospects growing dimmer by the day, Steve Chabot and Mike Turner are being forced to resort to desperate attacks on their opponents, Kate Schroder and Desiree Tims, who are outhustling the long-time D.C. politicians.
“After more than 40 years in D.C. between the two of them, Steve Chabot and Mike Turner are obviously on the ropes against their Democratic opponents,” said Ohio Democratic Party Chairman David Pepper. “Kate Schroder and Desiree Tims are outstanding public servants who have worked to protect public health and the environment, while Chabot and Turner are lobbing baseless attacks to distract from their own deficiencies as candidates. Donald Trump is infamous for accusing his political opponents of the very same things he has done, and that’s exactly what Chabot and Turner are doing.
“Let’s be crystal clear here — Chabot is the candidate whose campaign is being investigated for serious financial improprieties, and Turner is the candidate with cozy connections to lobbyists, having taken more than $40,000 in lobbyist cash just this cycle and groomed 21 former staffers for K Street lobbying gigs. Their lame attempts to throw mud at their opponents won’t work with Ohio voters. We need to send Kate Schroder and Desiree Tims to Congress this November.”
Kate’s Ready to Work Hard – For You
This week Kate Schroder released a new TV ad, focusing on Kate being a mom and how much she understands the challenges our families are facing right now. She is ready to put in the work to address those challenges head on.
Desiree Tims Endorsed by BOLD PAC, Sierra Club
BOLD PAC, the campaign division of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, announced its endorsement of Desiree Tims in Ohio’s 10th Congressional District.
“I am incredibly proud to have the support of BOLD PAC, an organization dedicated to promoting the interests of the Hispanic community and advocating for diversity in our leadership. I am running on bold issues, providing bold solutions, and here to be the bold leader Ohioans have been without for so many years. When elected, I am ready to work alongside BOLD PAC and fight for the much-needed reform in our bureaucratic systems,” said Tims.
The Sierra Club has also endorsed Tims.
Become a Volunteer Leader
Ohio has amazing volunteers — but we’re looking for a few good women (and men) to sign up to become volunteer leaders in their communities.
Volunteer teams will work directly with the campaign to ensure we are reaching and mobilizing all the targets we need to win in November! We have several leadership roles available including a team coordinator, digital organizing, voter contact, community outreach, voter protection and more.
- Thursday, Aug. 27 — Ohio Mayors Virtual Roundtable with Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, Maple Heights Mayor Annette Blackwell and Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Thursday, Aug. 27 — State Rep. Allison Russo and State Rep. Bride Rose Sweeney Virtual Town Hall: Campaign Finance Reform
- Saturday, Aug. 29 — Weekend of Action: Virtual Absentee Ballot Requests with Ohio Young Dems
- Sunday, Aug. 30 — Educators for Biden National Phone Bank
- Thursday, Aug. 27 — Virtual Event with Hillary O’Connor Mueri for Congress and Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Executive Director Lucinda Guinn
- Thursday, Aug. 27 — Write Postcards From Home for Joan Sweeny for Ohio House
- Thursday, Aug. 27 — Stark County Phone Bank with Action Together Stark
- Saturday, Aug. 29 — Battleground Ohio: Summit County Saturdays
- Saturday, Aug. 29 — Northeast Ohio Social Media Boot Camp
- Friday, Aug. 28 — Lucas County Virtual Phone Bank
- Monday, Aug. 31 — Wood County — Battleground Phone Bank
- Saturday, Aug. 29 — Southeast Ohio Virtual Phone Bank with Michael Fletcher
- Monday, Aug. 31 — Stacy Brooks for Judge Virtual Fundraiser
- Thursday, Aug. 27 — Virtual Phone Bank for Desiree Tims for Congress
- Thursday, Aug. 27 — Virtual Phone Bank for Kathy Wyenandt for Ohio Senate
- Saturday, Aug. 29 — No-Contact Lit Drops with Kate Schroder for Congress
- Saturday, Aug. 29 — Southwest Ohio Morning Cup of Joe in the Greater Dayton Area
- Saturday, Aug. 29 — Southwest Ohio 19th Amendment Celebration: Candidate Forum
- Monday, Aug. 31 — Veterans & Military Community Caucus Monthly Roll Call — Southwest Ohio
- Thursday, Aug. 27 — Virtual Phone Bank for State Rep. Mary Lightbody
- Thursday, Aug. 27 — Licking County Democratic Party Virtual Postcard Party for Alaina Shearer for Congress and Mark Carr for Ohio House
- Friday, Aug. 28 — Rally for Dr. Rachael Morocco for Ohio House
- Saturday, Aug. 29 — Day of Action with Crystal Lett and Nancy Day-Achauer: Hilliard Lit Drop
- Saturday, Aug. 29 — Union County Celebrates the 100th Anniversary of Women’s Suffrage
- Sunday, Aug. 30 — Congresswoman Joyce Beatty’s Annual Dress in White Party: Virtual Edition
- Sunday, Aug. 30 — Alaina Shearer for Congress Bus Tour: Powell x Positively Blue
Kathy DiCristofaro, Chair
Ohio Democratic Women’s Caucus
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.