It’s official! This week Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were formally nominated as the Democratic ticket for president and vice president. We couldn’t be more excited about the team that is going to replace Donald Trump in the White House. Despite the circumstances, this was a fantastic convention with an all-star lineup of speakers that never failed to make me feel inspired and fired up for this election.
Right here in Ohio our team worked hard to put together daily luncheons for our convention delegates. We heard from Sen. Cory Booker, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Congressman Jim Clyburn and many great Ohio Democrats. If you haven’t checked them out yet, head over to our Facebook page to watch our convention luncheon programs.
We’re just 73 days out from the election, let’s take inspiration from this year’s convention and come together to flip Ohio blue, end gerrymandering in the Buckeye State and defeat Donald Trump.
Ohio Democratic Party
Trump Attacks Ohio Workers (Again)
When General Motors shuttered its plant in Lordstown, Donald Trump took to Twitter to attack the workers and their leaders, and now Trump is lashing out on Twitter again, attacking a company that has been based in Ohio for 125 years and employs thousands of Ohio workers.
“Donald Trump promised to bring jobs back to Ohio, but we lost more than 12,000 jobs last year — and that was before the coronavirus crisis hit our shores,” said Ohio Democratic Party Chairman David Pepper. “Trump’s reckless handling of the coronavirus threat has cratered our economy, and his tax scam actually encourages companies to ship jobs overseas. While Goodyear has been forced to furlough thousands of workers and close factories because of the coronavirus crisis that Trump failed to address, another Akron plant just last week announced it is closing and laying off workers as it moves operations to Mexico.
“Rather than extend a helping hand, Trump is kicking Ohio when it’s down and attacking union-made products and the Ohio workers who make them. We need a president who will fight for Ohio workers, not mouth off on Twitter. That’s why we have to send Joe Biden to the White House in November.”
Ohio Democrats are proud to stand with the workers of Goodyear.
OHIO DEMS IN THE HEADLINES
Vote-By-Mail Applications Up Across Ohio
Any registered Ohio voter can apply for a vote-by-mail ballot now — and applications are surging across the state, as voters prepare to make their voices heard in this fall’s critical election.
Vote-by-mail requests from registered Democrats are outpacing requests from registered Republicans in Cuyahoga County, Hamilton County and even deep-red Butler County.
Chairman David Pepper told WKYC: “More than most campaigns, this isn’t just going to be [about] get out the vote, but protect the vote. In the final month, every single day is a campaign to get people to put their vote in the mail or a drop box. It will be a non-stop push. Our best advice is vote early and drop it off at an elections board.”
Go to IWillVote.com/OH to get registered, confirm your voter registration or request a vote-by-mail ballot.
You can always find events near you at Mobilize.us/OHDems.
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Ohio Young Dems Weekend of Action: Virtual Absentee Ballot Requests
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Digital Day of Action for Congressman Tim Ryan
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Medina County Democratic Party Candidate Lit Drop
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Weekend of Action Phone Bank in the Scioto Valley
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Health Care Open Mic Night! (Southwest Ohio Weekend of Action)
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Kick It Up Drive-Through Event with Kathy Wyenandt for Ohio Senate
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Medina County Democratic Party Biden-Harris Weekend of Action
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Lit Drop for Amy Cox for Ohio House in Trotwood
- Sunday, Aug. 23 — Back to School Virtual Town Hall with Dr. Rachael Morocco for Ohio House
- Monday, Aug. 24 — State Rep. Phil Robinson Virtual Town Hall: Voting & the 2020 Election in the Pandemic
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 — Art for Us: Virtual Fundraiser with Dontavius L. Jarrells for Ohio House
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 — Ohio Women’s Rally with Crystal Lett, Betsy Rader, Kathy Wyenandt and Christian Johnson for Ohio Senate
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 — Democrats Got Talent with the Delaware County Democratic Party
- Wednesday, Aug. 26 — Franklin County Veteran & Military Community Training & Phone Bank
- Thursday, Aug. 27 — State Rep. Allison Russo and State Rep. Bride Rose Sweeney Virtual Town Hall: Campaign Finance Reform
- Thursday, Aug. 27 — Virtual Phone Bank for Tom Jackson for Ohio Senate
- Thursday, Aug. 27 — Licking County Democratic Party Virtual Postcard Party for Alaina Shearer for Congress and Mark Carr for Ohio House
- Friday, Aug. 28 — Rally for Dr. Rachael Morocco for Ohio House
- Saturday, Aug. 29 — No-Contact Lit Drops with Kate Schroder for Congress
- Sunday, Aug. 30 — Warren County Democratic Party Spring Gala & Silent Auction Going Virtual
- Sunday, Aug. 30 — Congresswoman Joyce Beatty’s Annual Dress in White Party: Virtual Edition
- Sunday, Aug. 30 — Alaina Shearer for Congress Bus Tour: Powell x Positively Blue
- Monday, Aug. 31 — Stacy Brooks for Judge Virtual Fundraiser
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.