SCOTUS Rules in Favor of the Trump Administration on Birth Control
Last week the U.S. Supreme Court decided in favor of the Trump administration’s attack on the Affordable Care Act’s provisions requiring contraception coverage.
“The Affordable Care Act expanded access to birth control with no co-pay to 55 million Americans, but now, with this Supreme Court decision, the Trump administration has given employers and universities the power to deny birth control coverage to their workers and students,” said Ohio Democratic Party Chairman David Pepper. “That’s not just wrong; it’s discriminatory, plain and simple. And Ohioans can’t forget — Mike DeWine was on the front lines of this legal fight against the ACA’s contraception coverage. DeWine and Trump keep attacking reproductive health care, but Ohio Democrats will never stop fighting for reproductive freedom and justice.”
End Citizens United and Let America Vote Endorses Hillary O’Connor Mueri
End Citizens United and Let America Vote this week endorsed Hillary O’Connor Mueri in Ohio’s 14th Congressional District.
“In the Navy, I put my life on the line to protect Americans and our democracy,” said O’Connor Mueri. “Now, I’m running for Congress because we need to unrig the broken system in Washington and protect the right to vote in order to restore our democracy. I’m rejecting corporate PAC money because Ohioans deserve a leader who will fight for them and their needs. Meanwhile, Representative Dave Joyce is being bankrolled by corporate special interests and prioritizing their interests over Ohioans’ interests. I’m proud to have ECU and LAV’s support.”
Statewide Weekend of Action
The Ohio Democratic Party is continuing to ramp up for the general election, with dozens of organizers on the (virtual) ground, as the party holds 100 virtual volunteer meetings this month.
This weekend the coordinated campaign is holding its first Weekend of Action to engage grassroots activists and volunteers. To find an event “near” you, visit mobilize.us/ohdems.
- Thursday, July 16 — National Women for Biden Bimonthly Call with Stacey Abrams and Connie Britton
- Thursday, July 16 — Peace, Love & Trivia Fundraiser for State Rep. Mary Lightbody
- Saturday, July 18 — Ohio Young Dems, Ohio Young Black Dems and College Democrats of Ohio 2020 Victory Campaign Kickoff
- Saturday, July 18 — Alaina Shearer for Congress Us Bus Tour: Delaware
- Sunday, July 19 — Ohio Democratic Party Digital Organizing Training
- Sunday, July 19 — Alaina Shearer for Congress Us Bus Tour: Westerville
- Monday, July 20 — Alaina Shearer for Congress Us Bus Tour: Dublin
- Monday, July 20 — Candidate Conversation with Betsy Rader for Ohio Senate
- Monday, July 20 — Ohio Promise Virtual Town Hall with State Representatives Paula Hicks-Hudson, Michael Sheehy and Lisa Sobecki
- Monday, July 20 — Stark County Young Democrats Virtual Judicial Candidates Night
- Tuesday, July 21 — Virtual Town Hall with Crystal Lett and Tom Jackson for Ohio Senate
- Wednesday, July 22 — Summit County Democratic Party Meet the Candidates Night
- Wednesday, July 22 — Vino the Vote with Red, Wine & Blue
- Wednesday, July 22 — Postcard Party and Happy Hour for Alaina Shearer for Congress
- Wednesday, July 22 — Ohio Promise Virtual Town Hall with State Representatives Richard Brown, Erica Crawley, Mary Lightbody and Allison Russo
- Wednesday, July 22 — Ohio Promise Virtual Town Hall with State Rep. Tavia Galonski
- Wednesday, July 22 — Ohio Democratic Party Digital Organizing Training
- Thursday, July 23 — Virtual Reception for State Sen. Nickie Antonio
- Thursday, July 23 — Alaina Shearer for Congress Us Bus Tour: Reynoldsburg
- Saturday, July 25 — Alaina Shearer for Congress Us Bus Tour: Zanesville
- Wednesday, July 29 — Virtual Phone Banking Party with Stonewall Dems of Central Ohio and Crystal Lett for Ohio Senate
- Wednesday, July 29 — Virtual Ohio Promise Town Hall with State Rep. Erica Crawley
- Thursday, July 30 — Virtual Ohio Promise Town Hall with State Representatives Jeff Crossman and Bride Sweeney
- Thursday, Aug. 13 — Ohio Democratic Women’s Caucus Zoom Town Hall with Judge Jennifer Brunner
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.