Don’t have enough votes to get elected? Don’t worry. A new satirical guide shows how to win by cheating: Suppress your opponent’s voters.
The guide illustrates proven Republican tactics to cling to power by racist voter suppression, gerrymandering, disinformation and intimidation. And the urgent need of passing FOR THE PEOPLE ACT to protect American democracy.
The guide is a satire, but the threat to American democracy is real.
This blog also explains:
- How to create digital stories like the Guide with the free Wakelet app in minutes
- Use PoliticalCartoons in your messaging
- More about For The People Act and John Lewis Voting Rights Act
Voter Suppression Playbook
Share this collection freely with this link https://wke.lt/w/s/OOuhKs
Share as a GIF https://media.giphy.com/media/ElZsYDZnJpg5r2BERG/giphy.gif
Wakelet: Free app to tell your story
Wakelet provides a free solution to organize and curate content from across the web. Use it to create informative and engaging collections. Millions of people around the world use Wakelet every day to gather research and tell digital stories that can be read on phones, tablets or laptops. The app can handle text, images, videos and links to more information.
Daryl Cagle started Cagle Cartoons to distribute cartoons from sixty editorial cartoonists and fourteen columnists to more than 850 subscribing newspapers in the United States and around the world, including over half of America’s daily, paid-circulation newspapers. Cagle Cartoons syndicates the political cartoons of four Pulitzer Prize winners – Adam Zyglis, Mike Keefe, Kevin Siers and Steve Sack.
- Makes a MAJOR difference for our right to vote, for everyday people’s power against big money, for fair redistricting and an end to gerrymandering, and for a government that truly works for every single American.
- Expands access to voting for all eligible Americans by setting fair, national standards such as a guaranteed two weeks of early voting; automatic voter registration; vote-by-mail for all who want it, postage prepaid; voter-verified paper ballots; strict rules to prohibit purging of eligible voters from the rolls.
- Blocks partisan and racial gerrymandering by creating legally enforceable standards so politicians can’t abuse their redistricting power for their own advantage.
- Makes democracy more transparent by making secret money organizations disclose their donors, making sure voters know who is trying to influence our voices and our votes, and making sure anyone who violates disclosure rules is held accountable.
- Breaks the grip of big money in politics with a small-donor driven matching funds system — to let candidates run for the House of Representatives if states opt-in without relying on special interests, and so public officials can better reflect the constituencies they serve. It also shines a light on secret-spending groups, so that voters know who is influencing their votes.
Takeaway: Take action with Common Cause to demand the Freedom To Vote.
Reposted from Democracy Labs with permission.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.