The 2021 Racial Equity & Social Justice Challenge series, powered by United Way of Westchester and Putnam, YWCA White Plains & Central Westchester, and YWCA Yonkers is a 21-day journey of self-discovery designed to help individuals build more effective social justice habits, particularly those dealing with issues of race, power, privilege, and leadership.
Click here to register for the challenge.
The Westchester County Police Reform & Reimagining Task Force is looking for public comment regarding its recently released report.
- Download and read it here.
- Submit comments: BOLPublicComments@westchesterlegislators.com
- Watch the public comment session stream live here on March 10th.
The Invest in Our NY Act can raise $50 billion to rebuild New York’s economy by ending tax breaks for the richest New Yorkers.
Click here to sign the petition.
Phonebanking shifts this week: Monday, March 1, 6-8pm
Tuesday, March 2, 6:30-8:30pm
Wednesday, March 3, 6:30-8:30pm
Click here to register.
- New York State has a website which allows you to determine if you are eligible for the COVID vaccine.
- View the Westchester County COVID dashboard here.
- The NYS COVID vaccination hotline is (833) NYS-4 VAX; (833) 697-4829.
It’s crucial that we continue to support efforts to end the filibuster.
Read Indivisible’s primer on eliminating the filibuster.
Check out Ezra Klein’s latest Op-Ed, The Senate Has Become A Dadaist Nightmare.
Join activists across the country in support of #FilibusterFridays by reaching out to electeds via social media each Friday with messages about why ending the filibuster matters!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.