We, Americans, hold the power this election season. Most of us believe everyone counts, no matter our race, accent, or zip code. We value honesty, compassion, and strong leadership. That’s why Biden leads in the polls while Trump bullies, cheats, and lies to distract and divide us. But here’s the thing—the choice of who wins this year’s election is not coward Trump’s to make. It’s ours.
So, we will vote in record numbers, ensure every vote is counted, and swear in a government elected by us to serve us. We will preserve our democracy where everyone counts, where we care for each other without exception, and where we know that the law of the land reflects the will of the people. Folks, it’s time to wield our power and vote. And then, get to work and help us win the swing states! Read on for details…
Every minute counts! Our suggested actions advance two or more goals: flipping the White House, the Senate, and/or state legislatures…especially in Arizona and North Carolina. View actions by timing or type:
- By Day of the Week
- By Type of Activity (and focus state):
SPANISH SPEAKERS: See opportunities in yellow in both the calendar and activity sections.
Specific upcoming dates:
- Tue, 10/13, 5pm PT: Final Countdown Kick-Off Rally with Stacey Abrams Hear about Swing Left’s national plans and how you can help turn out the votes we need. RSVP
- Fri, 10/16, 6pm PT: Arizona GOTV from A to Z Learn how to get out the Arizona vote! RSVP
- Fri, 10/16 or Sat, 10/17: MAIL ALL VOTE FORWARD LETTERS! (not earlier, not later!)
- Saturdays 10/17 & 10/24: Call-A-Thon to key states to ensure a Biden win and a Senate flip! Many shifts; all include training and fun! RSVP
- Sat, 10/17 – Sun, 11/1: “The Last Weekends” 3 weekends of action. 18 days to volunteer. 100s of ways to get involved! Get updates on strategic actions Sign up
- Sat, 10/31 – Tues, 11/3: LAST 4 DAYS Call-A-Thon to key states to ensure a Biden win and a Senate flip! Many shifts; all include training and fun! RSVP
Strategic actions every day, every week (see details & more events below)
- Every Day (or nearly every day)
- 12:30 – 1:30pm PT: TRAINING Phone Banking 101 RSVP
Ensure Wins Up and Down the Ballot!
Most phone banks now take place in Zoom meetings, where you can get all of the hand holding and community spirit you need. All phone banks listed include training at the beginning of the shift. If you need a little extra boost to get started, see stand-alone trainings below.
We’ll call for the race most in need of help that day based on polling, fundraising, and advertising, with input from the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) and Biden campaign.
- Mondays, 3-5pm PT Senate Priority (with Swing Left Peninsula & CA-Dems) RSVP
- Thursdays and Sundays, 2:30-5pm PT Priority State (with Swing Left National) RSVP
- Saturdays 9am/12pm/3pm/6pm PT Biden & Senate(with Swing Left Peninsula & CA-Dems) RSVP
- Spanish: Sundays,, 4:30-6:30pm PT Senate Priority (San Mateo LatinX Dems) RSVP
- LAST 4 DAYS 10/31-11/3: 9am/12pm/3pm/6pm PT Biden/Senate (SL Peninsula & CA-Dems) RSVP
Calls to North Carolina!
NC is the only state that promises a QUADRUPLE win! We’re going for its 15 electoral votes, Senate seat, and state legislature flip…and defending Governor Roy Cooper. 1 CALL = 4 RACES!
- Every day, 2-4 shifts/day (with NC Dems) RSVP for weekdays or weekends
- Sundays, 1-4pm PT (with Swing Left Peninsula) RSVP
- NC Dems Voter Protection: Every day, 2 shifts Chase/cure ballots; recruit poll observers RSVP
Calls to Arizona!
We’re calling the Phoenix neighborhoods key to a bottom-up AZ win: from the most flippable state legislature in the country to the Senate to the White House. 1 call = triple effect!
- Nearly every day: (with the LD17 campaign) Tue-Thu 12pm or Sat 3 shifts or Sun 3 shifts
- Wednesdays, 3-6pm PT (with Swing Left Peninsula) RSVP
- Recruit Poll Observers: Mondays-Thursdays, 6:00-8:00pm PT (with AZ Dems) RSVP
- Spanish for Kelly/Biden: Everyday 3-4 shifts/day (with AZ Dems) Tues-Thur or weekends
Phone Banking Trainings:
- Phone Banking Is for Everyone, Including You! Overview for New & Reluctant Callers, Mondays 2:30-3pm PT (with Swing Left Peninsula & CA-Dems) RSVP
- Phone Banking 101, Wed, 5-6pm PT or Fri, 12:30-1:30pm PT (with Swing Left National) RSVP
- Basic Zoom/Computer Skills for Phone Banks, Thu, 11am PT (SL Peninsula & CA-Dems) RSVP
- Swing Left Podcast–”Making Calls Count”: Tips for effective conversations Listen Here
North Carolina has one of the highest rates of rejection for mail-in ballots in the country. Early returns show that black voters’ ballots are rejected at a rate four times those of white voters. Efforts to help voters “cure” rejected ballots are being held up by court battles, but NC Dems will need to contact tens of thousands of voters once the lawsuits are settled. For now, we’re calling Dems to go over mail-in ballot instructions.
- NC “Vote-Pro” New Volunteer Briefing: Tue/Thur 12:30-1pm PT; Sat 8:30-9am PT RSVP
- Read about 8 WAYS YOU CAN HELP PROTECT THE VOTE IN NC (virtually and in-person)
- Foreign-language speakers needed: Call back non-English speakers who call the hotline. Many languages needed, especially Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, and Hindi. Sign up!
North Carolina: Text with the NC Dems (for Cunningham/Biden and more)
Arizona: Text Training with the the AZ Dems (for Kelly and Biden)
- Saturdays, 12:00 – 12:30 pm PT. RSVP
Spanish Texting for Biden & More: Sign up here
Mail Dates: October 16th or 17th (not before, not after!)
Many local post offices are closed Saturdays. See info on local post office hours here and also which will accept “back dock” drop-offs for a large amount (an amount that would be difficult to take inside). See also Getting Ready to Mail.
TJ Cox in CA-21
- Call every day and evening through Nov 3rd; 4 shifts/day RSVP
Josh Harder in CA-10
- Call on Weeknights, 6-8pm RSVP
- Call on Weekends & Last Four Days; 4 shifts/day RSVP
- Text on Weekends & Last Four Days; 1-2 shifts/day RSVP
Follow us on Twitter (@SwingLeftPen) or join our Facebook group for updates on our latest events, actions and swing district news.
Questions? Email us:
Voter contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter Parties: email@example.com
CA-10 Outreach: firstname.lastname@example.org
CA-21 Outreach: email@example.com
Phone Banking: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our email list: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/slp_subscribe
If all else fails: email@example.com
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.