This weekend, we honor the memory of an American giant: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a trailblazer for women and steadfast defender of voting rights and our democracy. We will work double time to preserve Justice Ginsburg’s legacy through our work together.
We MUST win Pennsylvania to deny Donald Trump another term and more opportunities to appoint Supreme Court justices. And we MUST flip the PA General Assembly to protect voting rights and stop another Republican gerrymander.
Sign up to phone bank on weekdays to flip the PA House and weekends to flip the PA Senate.
Today, we mourn. Tomorrow, we rise.
Here’s when we’re calling:
- Monday-Thursday with shifts from 5-7 PM and 7-9 PM for PA House candidates: Flip the House Phone Bank Sign Up
- Saturday/Sunday from 12-2, 2-4, and 4-6 PM for PA Senate candidates: Flip the Senate Phone Bank Sign Up
Here’s how you can get support:
- Zoom “party” support is available weekdays from 5-7 PM (join at 4:30 for a ThruTalk training/meet the candidate session).
- Slack support will be available during all the above times.
- NEW TO PHONE BANKING? No problem! ThruTalk training every Monday from 7-8 PM here.
This week’s line up:
- Monday, September 21: Anton Andrew (PA-HD 160/Delaware/Chester Counties) – sign up
- Tuesday, September 22: Nancy Guenst (PA-HD 152/Montgomery/Philly Counties) – sign up
- Wednesday, September 23: Marlene Katz (PA-HD 29/Bucks County) – sign up
- Thursday, September 24: Ann Marie Mitchell (PA-HD 178/Bucks County) – sign up
- Saturday, September 26: Janet Diaz (PA-SD 13/Lancaster County) – sign up
- Sunday, September 27: Shanna Danielson (PA-SD 31/Cumberland/York Counties) – sign up
- Full Line-Up Here
**PLEASE NOTE: If you prefer to use Open Virtual Phone Bank (dial by hand), there are still plenty of opportunities! You can check out the full event list HEREor reach out to Ali Feldman at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Shifts available every day. Each shift begins with a Zoom training. Sign up here!
HELP WITH VOTER PROTECTION
- PA Dems Vote Pro Toolkit: Everything you need to know in one place!
- Join the Voter Protection Team by signing-up here (virtual and in-person opportunities)
- Vote-Early Monitors Needed Across PA: For the first time, PA’s voters will have the option to vote early in person! Voters will be able to vote at their county elections office by requesting, completing, and submitting a mail-in ballot all at the same time. As a Vote-Early Monitor, you’ll be the eyes and ears on the ground: observing how the process runs, educating voters, and reporting to the Voter Protection Team in real time. Next Training is scheduled for Sunday, October 4th. Sign up, get trained and find more info here.
Some campaigns have started to do some limited canvassing and literature drops in a safe and socially distant way. We understand that due to COVID, this isn’t for everyone, but if you’re interested in getting outside, masking up and hitting the pavement to connect with voters,
TPAB is already planning for Election Day. Do you want to volunteer but are just not sure what you want to do?
We’ve sent out nearly 600,000 postcards to voters so far.
We have two exciting postcard projects available: Get of the Vote postcards and our new voter registration effort. Our postcard kits include messaging, addresses, and detailed instructions. You supply the handwritten touch and stamps. We want to complete these projects ASAP.
Order your postcard kit HERE!
Please note: Delivery may take up to 3 weeks. SPECIAL EVENTS
Tuesday, September 22, From Jamaica to America…We are better together. Meet three individuals with Jamaican roots. Claudette, candidate for State Rep. (HD 176, Monroe County), achieved the rank of Sergeant Major in the U.S Army and currently serves as the President of the Mt. Pocono Borough Council and Commissioner of the Pocono Regional Police. Anton, candidate for State Rep. (HD 160, Chester/Delaware Counties) is an attorney, organizer, and environmental advocate, and served as a public defender and trustee for the Nature Conservancy in Pennsylvania and Delaware. CJ is a DACA student who sought sanctuary in a Philadelphia church after living in NJ for fifteen years. CJ has been awarded scholarships and is planning to continue his studies at Columbia University. RSVP here.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.