If it’s Tuesday, there’s probably an election happening somewhere in America.
Do you share my goal of increasing awareness of elections and boosting turnout in 2020? If so, please vote if there is an election happening in your district. Then, consider sharing this information to spread the word. Post it on your social media account or ping a friend who lives in one of these states. Thank you!
Everyone, please check your voter registration status. States are purging voters regularly–you don’t want to get caught off guard. Take 1 minute and check right now: I Will Vote
Then, check how to vote by mail in your state. Many rules have changed due to the pandemic and you may be able to vote with a mailed ballot. Find your state’s latest voting rules here: How to Vote By Mail in Every State
Click on highlighted text to learn the specifics about that election. You can also always go directly to your state’s election website (lookup HERE) to learn more.
May 12 (Tu)
- *California U.S. HOUSE District 25 – Election to refill Rep. Katie Hill’s (D) seat
- California State Senate District 28
- Mississippi State House of Representatives District 88
- *Wisconsin U.S. HOUSE District 7 – Election to refill Rep. Sean Duffy’s (R) seat
March 19 (Tu)
- Massachusetts State Senate Second Hampden & Hampshire District
- Massachusetts State Senate Plymouth & Barnstable District
May 2 (Sat)
May 12 (Tu)
May 19 (Tu)
May 22 (Fri)
Note: I keep a lookout for any state and federal elections and list them all in these monthly posts, but I could use your help to find any local elections. If your city or county has an election and you want me to add it to my monthly roundup post, write me a comment and I’ll add it. Thank you!
Know someone who could use this post? Share it with them!
- Join the blog’s growing community on Facebook
- Subscribe to get these daily posts and the Saturday cartoon roundups in your email
- Follow me on Twitter and Instagram
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.