IC-South Side: Election Night Watch Party
Let’s be together on Election Night! Tomorrow evening at 7:30, join Doug Bishop, Esther Peters, and other Indivisible Chicago-South Side friends for a Zoom watch party.
View Election Night coverage on your own TV or other device and still have an online, friendly space to share reactions with the rest of us. RSVP here.
You’ll need to provide your own snacks and beverage, of course. If you favor spirits, Steve Kagan recommends a Blue Wave*:
- 1 part Blue Curaçao, 1 part vodka, 4 parts lemonade. Shake Curaçao and vodka over ice, strain into an ice-filled glass, top with lemonade, garnish with lemon or orange slice
*Otherwise known as a Blue Lagoon
One Day to Go: YES, You Can Still Act
TODAY & TOMORROW, Nov 2 & 3. Make a difference up and down the ticket by phoning or texting voters in swing states and key Illinois districts. Both Indivisible Chicago Alliance and national Indivisible provide opportunities
CITYWIDE INDIVISIBLE CHICAGO
Quick links to find actions with Indivisible Chicago & sign up:
- Phonebank events
- Actions by the month – calendar
- Actions by the week – list
- Texting events
- All actions
Quick link to multi-state actions with national Indivisible:
- Fill in form, click the Signup box, and the opportunities will pop open.
URGENT: Sign Up to Protect the Results
What if Trump loses and refuses to concede? WE ACT.
Protect the Results is a consortium of over 100 organizations that have joined together to protect the results of the election Nov. 3rd. Headed by Indivisible and Stand Up America, the broad coalition includes MoveOn, Voting While Black, Working Families Party, National LGBTQ Task Force, Republicans for the Rule of Law, Sunrise Movement, SURJ, citywide Indivisible Chicago, and others.
Protect the Results will activate large-scale protests aimed at capturing the public narrative throughout the country if Trump does any of the following:
- Refuses to concede
- Declares himself the winner before the votes are tallied
- Pressures state legislators or governors in key states regarding electors
- Uses law enforcement to intimidate potential voters
- Other legal maneuvers
WED., Nov 4th: Chicago’s first action is planned for Daley Plaza on Wednesday at 5:00 PM; however, location and time are subject to change – sign up to get updates.
Similar actions will occur across the country. Keep following Protect the Results for information about actions beyond November 4th.
Read more & sign up here for the Chicago Nov 4 Protect the Results mass action Important: Sign up EVEN IF you can’t be there in person. You can help get the word out and create buzz.
We Think You Already Voted, But…
Voting last minute? We got you. Info highlights for Chicago voters:
- Early Voting sites (and associated Secured Drop Boxes) are open to ANY Chicago voter both today AND tomorrow (Nov 2-3) – Read here
- All Early Voting sites have Drop Boxes for your completed mail-in ballot. In addition, there’s a 24-hour Drop Box downtown at the Board of Elections, 69 W. Washington. open until 7:00 pm on November 3, Election Day – Read here
- Election Day voting options: use any Early Voting site OR your Ward/Precinct polling place. Find your Ward/Precinct & download a list of the polling places here.
- If you have trouble at any voting site, contact Election Protection at 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683)
Get ALL the details on voting places, Fair Tax (vote YES!), and judges in last week’s newsletter. See also Indivisible Illinois’s VirusFreeVotingIllinois.org webpage for voting info covering the entire state of Illinois.
Postcards to Swing States – More Thanks!
Top: Bethany, Lisa, Zoe (L); Hillary Geller in middle; Alma, Na’ama (R)
Bottom: Molly (L); Heather, Catherine (R)
Last week we gave a shout-out to Hillary Geller for turning in 800 postcards. Hillary wrote back to set the record straight: “Thanks go to my friends and their amazing teenage daughters. We all divided the work: Molly Herron, Lisa Jensche (and daughters Bethany & Zoe), Na’ama Rokem (and daughter Alma), Heather La Riviere (and daughter Catherine). And thank you, Esther Peters, for all your hard work organizing this. On to protecting the results!”
Thanks again to Hillary for organizing an amazing team writing postcards to voters in swing states. You’ll make a difference on Election Day. And, yes, now let’s look to Protect the Results. Onward!
Indivisible Chicago-South Side
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.