“We’ve got to out-hustle the other side. We have to outwork the other side. We have to vote like never before.” — President Obama, 10/21/2020
Folks, we are in the final stretch and no matter what the polls and pundits say, don’t take your foot off the gas. We must get every last Democratic voter to the polls early. We want them to vote early so they avoid lines, possible bad weather, and last-minute voter-suppression efforts.
Bring in votes by joining a phone bank and speaking directly with voters. Sure, you might be nervous at first. You’ll quickly learn that voters are generally friendly and appreciative, and these calls are how we bring in early votes and make sure each voter has a plan. Every phone bank starts with training, so sign up now to help bring us to victory.
Quick Links to Strategic Actions: Flip the White House, Senate, and key state legislatures
- Final Four Days GOTV Phone-A-Thon
- Weekday Phone Banks: Today through Friday
- NC Ballot Crisis: How You Can Help
- Protect the Results
- Support Central Valley Races
SPANISH SPEAKERS: See opportunities in yellow throughout.
Follow the sun from the East Coast to Alaska, as we (& a few CELEBRITIES*) call key states to ensure a Biden win and a Senate flip! No experience necessary. Choose from four shifts a day, over four days!
Your choice of shifts each day: (subject to change, as campaign needs evolve)
- 9:00 – 11:30am PT: Call for the NC Dems (for Biden/Cunningham/Cooper & more)
- 12:00 – 1:30 pm PT: Call for a Senate priority race, with direction from the DSCC
- 3:00 – 5:30 pm PT: Call for the Biden Campaign into priority states
- 6:00 – 8:30 pm PT: Call for a key Western state
*Celebrity Highlights: (also subject to change because, well, celebrities!)
Sat @ 12pm PT: Actors Kevin Bacon & Kyra Sedgwick; Sun @ 9am PT: Dan Pfeiffer of Pod Save America; Mon @ 3pm PT: Actress Chloe Bennet; and more (including some elected officials)!
Join at the shift start times for a brief intro (and training if needed). After you rsvp, you will receive the zoom link (via text and email).
HELP BEHIND THE SCENES for our phone-a-thon:
- Phone Banking “Lite”: Call previous phone bankers to sign them up for GOTV shifts. A very receptive audience…mostly Bay Area volunteers! 2+ shifts DAILY RSVP
All phone banks listed include training. For an extra boost, some stand-alone trainings are listed.
- Every Day This Week (or nearly every day)
- CALL NC for Biden/Cunningham/Cooper: 11am & 2pm PT DAILY (with NC Dems) RSVP
- CALL NC Help Voters Fix/Redo Ballots: 2 shifts DAILY (with NC Dems) RSVP
- Phone Banking “Lite”: Call previous vols to sign them up for GOTV; 2+ shifts DAILY RSVP
- Spanish CALL AZ for Kelly/Biden 3+ shifts/day RSVP Tue-Thur or Final 4 Days
When Elections Are Fair, Dems Win!
Recent court rulings and pending lawsuits have put thousands of mail-in ballots in limbo; many are “incurable.” Black voters are disproportionately affected. NC Dems are scrambling to contact affected voters to ensure they fix existing or fill out new ballots. Recent Democratic victories were razor thin; Governor Roy Cooper won by just over 10,000 votes in 2016. This ballot crisis could erase our much-needed victories at every level: Electoral College, Senate, Governor, and state legislature. Here are several ways to help:
- Make calls to help voters fix or replace ballots: 2 shifts a day, DAILY thru Nov 12th! RSVP
- Read MANY WAYS YOU CAN HELP PROTECT THE VOTE IN NC (virtually & in-person)
- Attend a “Voter-Protection” New Volunteer Briefing: M/W/Th 2:30-3:00pm PT RSVP
- “On-call” foreign-language speakers needed for Voter Info Hotline: Many languages needed, especially Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, and Hindi. Sign up!
While we’re concerned about what will happen after the election, our first priority remains creating unprecedented turnout in key states to preempt shenanigans. GOTV is our best defense right now! Swing Left is formulating post-election plans with the Biden campaign, other national partners, and the Dem Party voter protection teams in key states. We will keep you posted about post-Election Day activities to protect the results, cure ballots, and win run-offs. In the meantime, quickly sign up here, but please stay focused on GOTV!
North Carolina: Text with the NC Dems (for Cunningham/Biden and more)
- LAST TWO DAYS: Next Mon/Tues; several shifts/day RSVP
- Ballot Cure Texting: Help voters fix rejected ballots; next Mon 11/2 through Tues 11/10; 1-2 shifts/day (AZ Dems) RSVP
- Legislative District 17: Text Phoenix voters key to a bottom-up flip, from the country’s most flippable state legislature to the Senate to the White House. Email Hannah for start-up info.
Spanish Texting for Biden & More: Sign up here
TJ Cox in CA-21
- Call every day and evening through Nov 3rd; 4 shifts/day RSVP
- Wed 10/28 5:00 – 6:00pm TJ Fundraiser with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez RSVP
Josh Harder in CA-10
- Call on Weeknights, 6:00 – 8:00pm RSVP
- Call on the Last Four Days; 4 shifts/day RSVP
- Text on the Last Four Days; 1-2 shifts/day RSVP
Follow us on Twitter (@SwingLeftPen) or join our Facebook group for updates on our latest events, actions and swing district news.
Questions? Email us:
Voter contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter Parties: email@example.com
CA-10 Outreach: firstname.lastname@example.org
CA-21 Outreach: email@example.com
Phone Banking: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our email list: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/slp_subscribe
If all else fails: email@example.com
As always, thanks for your support!
|Barb Berry, Judith Bolker, Linda Brummer, Scott Carlson, Michelle Chang, Carole Flores, Anne Frahn, Mary Gill, Colin Gottlieb, Laura Gottsman, Barbara Kyser, Bruce Knoth, Victoria Maxson, Aarthi Rayapura, Kirstin Sego, Karen Spiro, Deb Strichartz and Mary Takahashi. a|
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.