We need to WIN BIG. We need YOU to make calls. As you’re reading this, voters are casting their ballots in many of the swing states. We’ve got to get Democratic voters to the polls now (not in two weeks), which means it’s time for you to drop everything and pick up the phone.
Phone banking is 2020’s most effective way to get potential Democratic voters to the polls. Call battleground states, urge people to vote, and give them the information they need now. All it takes is a computer and a deep love for our country. That’s how we’ll win big. That’s how we’ll reclaim our country.
Quick Links: Your ticket to flipping the White House, Senate, and key state legislatures
- Phone Banks and Trainings
- NC Ballot Crisis
- Protect the Results
- On-the-Ground Opportunities in Key States
- Support Central Valley Races
- Post Office Pics & Vote Forward Finale
To see actions listed by day of the week, click here.
SPANISH SPEAKERS: See opportunities in yellow throughout.
Clinch Wins Up and Down the Ballot!
All phone banks listed include training. For an extra kick start, see stand-alone trainings below.
Final Days GOTV Phone-A-Thons
Follow the sun from the East Coast to Alaska, as we (& a few celebrities) call key states to ensure a Biden win and a Senate flip! Four shifts/day: 9am/12pm/3pm/6pm PT (with Swing Left Peninsula & CA-Dems)
HELP BEHIND THE SCENES during our phone-a-thons:
- Become a trainer: If you feel comfortable using a dialer or VPB, join one of our “Training of Trainer” sessions (Mon 10/19, 6:00 – 8:00pm or Thu 10/22, 4:00 – 6:00pm) RSVP
- Phone Banking “Lite”: Call previous phone bankers to sign them up for GOTV phone shifts. A very receptive audience…to mostly Bay Area volunteers! Sign up here
More Great Priority Options:
- Mondays, 3:00 – 5:00pm PT Senate Priority (with Swing Left Peninsula & CA-Dems) RSVP
- Spanish: Sundays, 4:30 – 6:30pm PT Senate Priority (San Mateo LatinX Dems) RSVP
Calls to North Carolina!
NC is the only state that promises a QUADRUPLE win! We’re going for its 15 electoral votes, Senate seat, and state legislature flip…and defending Governor Roy Cooper. 1 CALL = 4 RACES!
- Every day, 2-4 shifts/day (with NC Dems) RSVP for weekdays or weekends
- Sundays, 1:00 – 4:00pm PT (with Swing Left Peninsula) RSVP
- Ballot Cure Calls: Every day, 2 shifts Help voters fix rejected ballots (NC Dems) RSVP
Calls to Arizona!
We’re calling the Phoenix neighborhoods key to a bottom-up AZ win: from the most flippable state legislature in the country to the Senate to the White House. 1 call = triple effect!
- Nearly every day: (with LD17 campaign) Tue-Thu 12pm or Sat/3 shifts or Sun/3 shifts
- Wednesdays, 3:00 – 6:00pm PT (with Swing Left Peninsula) RSVP
- Ballot Cure Calls: W/Th/F 3-5pm PT; Sat 12-2pm PT, Fix rejected ballots (AZ Dems) RSVP
- Recruit Poll Observers: M/W/Thu, 6-8pm PT; Sat 10:00am-12:00pm PT (with AZ Dems) RSVP
- Spanish for Kelly/Biden: 3+ shifts/day (with AZ Dems) Tue-Thu or Sat/Sun
Phone Banking Trainings:
- Phone Banking Is for Everyone, Including You! Overview for New & Reluctant Callers, Mondays 2:30 – 3:00pm PT (with Swing Left Peninsula & CA-Dems) RSVP
- Phone Banking 101, Wed, 5-6pm PT or Fri, 12:30-1:30pm PT (with Swing Left National) RSVP
- Basic Zoom/PC Skills for Phone Banks, Thu, 11am-12pm PT (SL Peninsula & CA-Dems) RSVP
Recent court rulings and pending lawsuits have put thousands of mail-in ballots in limbo; many may be “incurable.” Black voters are disproportionately affected. The NC Dem Party is scrambling to contact affected voters to ensure they fill out new ballots. At the same time, they are trying to deploy poll observers to cover 18 voting days. Recent Democratic victories were razor thin; Governor Roy Cooper won by just over 10,000 votes in 2106. This ballot crisis could erase our much-needed victories.
- Attend a “Voter-Protection” New Volunteer Briefing: Tue/Thur 12:30 – 1:00pm PT RSVP
- Read about MANY WAYS YOU CAN HELP PROTECT THE VOTE IN NC (virtually and in-person)
- “On-call” foreign-language speakers needed for Voter Info Hotline: Many languages needed, especially Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, and Hindi. Sign up!
We’re all concerned about what will happen after the election. Our first priority remains creating unprecedented turnout in key states to preempt shenanigans. GOTV is our best defense right now! Swing Left is formulating post-election plans with national partners who are experts on protecting the vote as well as with the Dem Party voter protection teams in the key states. All groups are still formulating their plans. We will keep you posted about post-Election Day activities to protect the results, cure ballots, and win run-offs. In the meantime, quickly sign up here, but please stay focused on GOTV!
TJ Cox in CA-21
- Call every day and evening through Nov 3rd; 4 shifts/day RSVP
- Wed 10/28 5:00 – 6:00pm TJ Fundraiser with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez RSVP
Josh Harder in CA-10
- Call on Weeknights, 6:00 – 8:00pm RSVP
- Call on Weekends & Last Four Days; 4 shifts/day RSVP
- Text on Weekends & Last Four Days; 1-2 shifts/day RSVP
Peninsula Writers Sent Nearly 450,000 Letters!
Thank you all! We should be proud of our efforts, but we are not done yet! We still need to CALL to GOTV!
Cheryl, Elaine & Michelle (left & center) dropped off 52,000 letters in San Mateo (three carts like this!)
Follow us on Twitter (@SwingLeftPen) or join our Facebook group for updates on our latest events, actions and swing district news.
Questions? Email us:
Voter contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter Parties: email@example.com
CA-10 Outreach: firstname.lastname@example.org
CA-21 Outreach: email@example.com
Phone Banking: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our email list: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/slp_subscribe
If all else fails: email@example.com
As always, thanks for your support!
|Barb Berry, Judith Bolker, Linda Brummer, Scott Carlson, Michelle Chang, Carole Flores, Anne Frahn, Mary Gill, Colin Gottlieb, Laura Gottsman, Barbara Kyser, Bruce Knoth, Victoria Maxson, Aarthi Rayapura, Kirstin Sego, Karen Spiro, Deb Strichartz and Mary Takahashi. a|
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.