Over the weekend Donald Trump was slammed for his lies about saving the American auto industry (he didn’t) and new auto plants being built in Ohio (they aren’t).
“Donald Trump thinks he can play Ohioans for fools,” said Ohio Democratic Party Chairman David Pepper. “The last time he parachuted into northwest Ohio, he promised that our future ‘never ever looked brighter.’ Eight months later, thousands of Ohioans have lost their lives to COVID-19, working families are picking up the pieces of a shattered economy and Trump’s incompetence is only making things worse. Ohioans don’t need a revolving door of empty promises, we need leadership that delivers — that’s Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.
“Massive numbers of Ohio Democrats are already requesting mail-in ballots, and soon Ohioans will start in-person early voting. Whatever Trump says on Monday, we’re ready to put an end to his chaos and send Joe Biden to the White House.”
OHIO DEMS IN THE HEADLINES
Victory on Dropboxes Delayed by Frank LaRose
This week the Ohio Democratic Party won a legal victory in the fight to allow county boards of elections to install multiple secure dropboxes for the return of vote-by-mail ballots.
“We are pleased the court agreed with our argument that nothing in Ohio law prohibits the installation of multiple dropboxes in a county,” said Ohio Democratic Party Chairman David Pepper. “The secretary of state’s directive banning multiple dropboxes is arbitrary and unreasonable, especially during a global pandemic when many more Ohioans want — and need — options for delivering their absentee ballots. It’s time for Frank LaRose to stop with the theatrics and stalling tactics and let county boards of elections make it more convenient for Ohioans to vote.”
Sen. Sherrod Brown, Congresswoman Joyce Beatty, Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur, Congresswoman Marcia Fudge and Congressman Tim Ryan sent a letter to Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose urging him to comply with the court’s ruling.
“Time and again, failures to use your authority to make it easier for people to vote have put Ohioans at risk, including your refusal to prepay postage on ballots or allow multiple drop boxes in each county. It is your responsibility to exercise your authority to make it easier for Ohioans to vote safely. That is why we urge you to follow the Franklin County Common Pleas Court ruling and not waste taxpayer resources in mounting an appeal,” wrote the lawmakers.
Cuyahoga County Democratic Party Chairwoman and Cuyahoga County Councilwoman Shontel Brown called out LaRose’s “very intentional actions to make voting harder for some of our most vulnerable voters in our county.”
Check out these drive-through voter registration and engagement events:
You can always find events near you at Mobilize.us/OHDems.
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Virtual Phone Bank with Dr. Jill Biden
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Ohio Farmers for Biden Roundtable
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — No-Contact Lit Drops with Kate Schroder for Congress
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Dublin Walk and Lit Drop for Alaina Shearer for Congress
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Lit Drop For Leronda Jackson for Ohio House
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Ottawa Hills Lit Drop for Nancy Larson for Ohio House
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Brown County Democratic Party Rural Weekend of Action
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Battleground Ohio: Summit County Saturdays
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Northeast Ohio Social Media Boot Camp
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Southwest Ohio Morning Cup of Joe in the Greater Dayton Area
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Warren County Democratic Party Virtual Phone Bank
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Facebook Live Campaign Update with Fanon Rucker for Hamilton County Prosecutor
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Postcard Party with Stonewall Democrats of Central Ohio
- Saturday, Sept. 19 — Laughter is the Best Medicine: A Comedy Night with Dr. Morocco for Ohio House
- Sunday, Sept. 20 — Cleveland Stonewall Democrats Freedom Fund 20th Anniversary Celebration
- Sunday, Sept. 20 — Virtual Phone Bank for Amy Cox for Ohio House
- Sunday, Sept. 20 — Clark County Democratic Party Lit Drop
- Sunday, Sept. 20 — Coordinated Lit Drop with Crystal Lett for Ohio Senate and Rep. Allison Russo
- Monday, Sept. 21 — Wood County — Battleground Phone Bank
- Monday, Sept. 21 — Virtual Phone Bank for Sen. Sean O’Brien
- Monday, Sept. 21 — VIRTUAL TRAINING: Sharing Your Personal Story
- Monday, Sept. 21 — Phone Bank for Charmaine McGuffey for Hamilton County Sheriff
- Monday, Sept. 21 — Monday Madness Phone Bank in Champaign County
- Tuesday, Sept. 22 — Oberlin Backyard Phone Bank for Zach Stepp for Ohio House
- Tuesday, Sept. 22 — Virtual Phone Bank for Rep. Mary Lightbody
- Tuesday, Sept. 22 — Virtual Phone Bank for Joan Sweeny for Ohio House
- Tuesday, Sept. 22 — Veterans for Biden Virtual Phone Bank
- Tuesday, Sept. 22 — Ohio Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders for Biden Event
- Wednesday, Sept. 23 — Ohio Democratic Party Digital Organizing Training
- Wednesday, Sept. 23 — Battleground Ohio Voter Protection Virtual Phone Bank
- Wednesday, Sept. 23 — Elyria/North Ridgeville Backyard Phone Bank for Zach Stepp for Ohio House
- Wednesday, Sept. 23 — Nurses for Biden Virtual Phone Bank
- Thursday, Sept. 24 — Stark County Virtual Phone Bank with Action Together Stark
- Thursday, Sept. 24 — Seniors for Biden Virtual Phone Bank
- Friday, Sept. 25 — Red, White, & Booze Happy Hour Text Bank
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — Ohio Sportsmen and Sportswomen Virtual Phone Bank
- Sunday, Sept. 27 — Union County Candidates Meet & Greet with Tiffanie Roberts for Ohio House, Craig Swartz for Ohio Senate and Tony Eufinger for Union County Commissioner
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.