This Monday night, the 2020 Democratic National Convention kicks off with an all-star lineup of speakers and entertainers.
There are lots of ways to watch – online, on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter, on Apple TV, on Roku, on Amazon Prime, on cable and more.
In addition, we will be hosting a daily virtual luncheon with guest speakers. You can watch online on our Ohio Democratic Party Facebook page every day of the convention, starting at 11:15 a.m.
Want to share the excitement? Host a convention watch party and invite your friends, family and neighbors to be a part of this historic event. Click here to host a watch party. We’ve got 81 days to go until Election Day — let’s make every day count!
Thanks for your support,
Trump Threatens Social Security in Executive OrderAs we celebrate the 85th anniversary of President Franklin D. Roosevelt signing the Social Security Act into law today, Donald Trump is threatening the program, which provides income and security to nearly 2.4 million Ohioans.
“Donald Trump is breaking his promise to ‘save our Social Security’ with a proposal that ‘is a threat to Social Security no matter how he casts it,'” said Ohio Democratic Party Chairman David Pepper. “This is not the first time Trump has attacked Social Security. Since he’s been in office, Trump has proposed and supported cutting Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. Trump’s last budget proposal cut Social Security programs by $26 billion and slashed funding for the Social Security Administration, which helps retirees and people with disabilities get the support they need and have earned.
“After 85 years, Social Security still works for the American people. Joe Biden knows it provides peace of mind and the ability to retire with dignity for millions of Americans, and he will fight to preserve and strengthen it. He would never undermine the Social Security trust fund, as Donald Trump is trying to do. Trump promised to protect Social Security, but Ohio seniors and families are paying the price for Trump’s broken promises.”
OHIO DEMS IN THE HEADLINES
Ohio Democrats Call for Cohesive Back-to-School Plan
This week state Rep. Phil Robinson criticized Gov. Mike DeWine on the lack of a statewide plan to address school reopenings.
“Instead of rolling out a statewide, back-to-school plan, the governor continues to shift the difficult decisions to the school districts who then shift the decisions to the parents to somehow choose between their child’s health, their own health and their employment,” Robinson said.
“What is actually happening as a result of no statewide intervention is we are deepening the economic divides in our society, perpetuating a system of haves and have nots. Those who have the means to do remote learning and keep their children healthy, can. Those working parents who rely on in-person instruction so they can hold down a job, cannot.”
You can always find events near you at Mobilize.us/OHDems.
- Saturday, Aug. 15 — Black Votes Matter Virtual Day of Action with Ohio Young Black Dems
- Saturday, Aug. 15 — Ohio Veterans & Military Families Virtual Meeting with Congressman Tim Ryan and Hillary O’Connor Mueri for Congress
- Saturday, Aug. 15 — Hamilton County Democratic Party Judicial Coordinated Campaign Lit Drop
- Saturday, Aug. 15 — No-Knock Canvassing for Joel O’Dorisio for Ohio Senate
- Saturday, Aug. 15 — No-Knock Canvassing for Tom Jackson for Ohio Senate
- Saturday, Aug. 15 — Socially Distanced Postcard Party for Rep. Mary Lightbody
- Sunday, Aug. 16 — Learn Voting Rights and Tribute to Congressman John Lewis Event
- Sunday, Aug. 16 — Meet and Greet with Joel Newby for Congress
- Sunday, Aug. 16 — Virtual Town Hall with Sara Bitter and Amy Cox for Ohio House
- Sunday, Aug. 16 — Miami University Campus Kickoff with Michelle Novak for Ohio House
- Monday, Aug. 17 — Joint Fundraiser with Crystal Lett for Ohio Senate and Dr. Rachael Morocco for Ohio House
- Monday, Aug. 17 — Franklin County Veterans & Military Community Caucus Roll Call
- Tuesday, Aug. 18 — Phone Bank with Congressman Tim Ryan, Commissioner Kathleen Clyde and John Kennedy
- Tuesday, Aug. 18 — Summit County Veterans & Military Community Caucus County Roll Call
- Tuesday, Aug. 18 — Hancock County Phone Bank with Melissa Kritzell for County Commissioner
- Thursday, Aug. 20 — Cuyahoga County Veterans & Military Community Caucus Roll Call
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Ohio Young Dems Weekend of Action: Virtual Absentee Ballot Requests
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Digital Day of Action for Congressman Tim Ryan
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Medina County Democratic Party Candidate Lit Drop
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Weekend of Action Phone Bank in the Scioto Valley
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Health Care Open Mic Night! (Southwest Ohio Weekend of Action)
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Kick It Up with Kathy Wyenandt for Ohio Senate
- Sunday, Aug. 23 — Back to School Virtual Town Hall with Dr. Rachael Morocco for Ohio House
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 — Art for Us: Virtual Fundraiser with Dontavius L. Jarrells for Ohio House
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 — Ohio Women’s Rally with Crystal Lett, Betsy Rader, Kathy Wyenandt and Christian Johnson for Ohio Senate
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 — Democrats Got Talent with the Delaware County Democratic Party
- Wednesday, Aug. 26 — Franklin County Veteran & Military Community Training & Phone Bank
- Friday, Aug. 28 — Rally for Dr. Rachael Morocco for Ohio House
- Saturday, Aug. 30 — Warren County Democratic Party Spring Gala & Silent Auction Going Virtual
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.