Our schedule is jampacked this month. We’ve got major program developments in every single one of our target states. Take a look:
- North Carolina: Our first ever online course was launched in the Tar Heel State. Students can navigate the course at their own pace to learn about the state’s redistricting process and the history of map manipulation in North Carolina.
- Colorado: Lights, camera, organizing. We’ll be hosting virtual screenings this month of “Slay the Dragon,” a documentary focused on citizen-led movements battling gerrymandering. We’ll be following up on the viewings with a live-panel discussion.
- Arizona: The application process to become a commissioner on the state’s independent redistricting commission is fast-approaching so we’re hosting multiple info sessions this month to teach advocates whether they meet state qualifications and how to apply.
Ok, time for a breather. You hear from us all the time how much work we have to do in our target states and how we must take a localized approach to secure fair maps in 2021. Well, we take a localized approach for our fundraising too — it’s why this month, we’ve set a goal of 100 $1 contributions in Utah to help fund our localized organizing programs.
But hey, we said every target state. So, take a look at what else is going on if you’re not convinced yet:
- Wisconsin: After conservative courts and gerrymandered legislatures forced voters to choose between their health and vote in last month’s election, we sent voters a survey to learn more about the obstacles they faced and how we can prevent this disaster happening from across the county in November’s election.
- Ohio: This month All On The Line deployed its advocacy tool to ask our supporters to contact legislators to demand election reform in Ohio — because no voter should be forced to choose between exercising their right to vote and protecting their health.
- Georgia: Gerrymandering has worked in tandem with voter suppression in Georgia to suppress the vote in African American communities. We joined Georgia NAACP President James Woodall and Black Male Voter Project founder Mondale Robinson to dive into this topic with supporters
- Texas: The state’s Supreme Court and Attorney General are battling on whether all voters will be able to vote absentee to help maintain social distancing. We’re hosting a webinar with partners to give the latest guidance to voters on how to cut through all the news and make their voices heard in the upcoming election.
- Florida: Our AOTL Florida State Director hosted a supporter call to update supporters about where Florida is in the redistricting process and what changes we are implementing due to COVID19 as well as a targeted Redistricting U with some of our best partners’ leaders.
- Pennsylvania: Thanks to recent election reforms, registered voters can now request mail-in-ballots without a reason. We messaged all of our Pennsylvania supporters this month with links to request ballots and a directory of county election officials.
It’s a lot, friend. We’re able to build such a robust programming slate because we have such a robust donor base — but it takes sustained investment, month after month, from donors across the country. Can you get a start on preparing next month’s slate by helping us reach 100 $1 donations in Utah before Sunday night?
Thanks for reading and bringing this national campaign to life!
All On The Line is the grassroots advocacy campaign supported by the National Redistricting Action Fund. Support our work to end gerrymandering
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.