DO YOU WANT TO VOTE IN THIS YEAR’S DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY?
HERE’S SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The Hawaii Democratic Party will no longer conduct caucuses to determine our Presidential nominee.
Do you want to vote in our Democratic Presidential Primary this year?
You must officially join the Democratic party and then vote in the Party-run Presidential Primary (PPP). Once enrolled, you will be mailed a Hawaii Democratic Presidential Preference ballot prior to the April 4 Hawaii Democratic Presidential Primary.
You can also enroll and vote in person on April 4 at one of 21 PPP sites. See link below for sites on your island.
Good news – no more long lines and torn pieces of paper for ballots. Bad news – you likely aren’t enrolled with the Democratic party.
· March 8th was the last date to enroll in the Democrat party online.
· If you are already a registered voter and have enrolled in the Democratic party, you should have already received or will soon receive your paper ballot. All mailed ballots or dropped off ballots must be received by 3pm April 4th, 2020 at one of the sites listed below.
· If you haven’t yet enrolled in the Democratic party, Voter Registration, Party Enrollment and Voting in the Party-run Presidential Primary (PPP) is possible at one of 21 sites on April 4th, from 7 am to 3 pm HST. All members in line at 3pm HST, and no later than 3pm HST, will be permitted to vote.
· PPP sites for all islands are listed here:https://hawaiidemocrats.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/APRIL-4th-LOCATIONS.pdf
The state of Hawaii does not register voters for any political party. The state voter registration form does not include a party preference and no Hawaii voters are “registered Democrats” with the state.
Hawaii has a Party-Run Presidential Primary, not paid for or organized by the state. The Hawaii Democratic Party will mail Presidential preference ballots to everyone who enrolls with the Party. The winner of the Hawaii primary – our “Presidential Preference Poll”–will get all 33 Hawaii delegates to the Democratic National Convention. This could affect the outcome of the Convention and the Democratic nominee for President. If you want to help choose who runs against Trump in November, you must ENROLL with the Democratic Party.
The Hawaii Democrats have revised our primary system. Details are available at https://hawaiidemocrats.org/2020ppp/
The most important takeaways:
· Mail-in ballots will be provided to every Democrat enrolled with the Democratic Party of Hawai’i.
· Voting will be conducted with ranked choice ballots, allowing voters to list their preferred candidates from 1 – 5.
· In-person voting & same day registration options will be provided on Sat, April 4 (only one location on each major island).
· When we register new voters, we can also inform and assist them in enrolling in the Democratic Party.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our WEBSITE for upcoming events!!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.