County Clerk Forum Is Tonight
Don’t miss tonight’s event @ 7PM – register today! The Westchester County Clerk race is the only countywide Democratic primary election being held on Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Click here to register.
- The forum will be an hour long and will be recorded.
Early Voting Starts Saturday
Early voting for the June 22nd Democratic primary starts this Saturday, June 12th and runs through Sunday, June 20th. Be sure to make a voting plan and help spread the word. There are 3 ways to cast a ballot in 2021. Here are your options:
- Vote By Mail – you have until 6/15 to request a ballot (Request your ballot now!).
- Click here for Early Voting Locations and Times (Saturday, June 12 to Sunday, June 20).
- Vote on Primary Day (Tuesday, June 22). Click here to find your election day voting location.
Visit Vote Early NY for more information and to learn about your voting rights. It’s never been more convenient to vote in New York!
Click here to register.
New York needs a mini HR1 to protect our votes – hand marked paper ballots and secure voting machines. Please make calls to pressure the state legislature to pass this legislation before session ends on June 10th.
- Call Carl Heastie (518) 455-4800 and Andrea Stewart-Cousins (518) 455-2715 and say pass A1115A/S309A by June 10.
- Sample Script: My name is ___. I live in Westchester County and my zip code is _____. The passage of A1115A/S309A has to be a priority this session. At the national level Democrats are focused on HR1/S1. The state bill is a mini HR1. It will give us the gold standard for voting technology in the 21st century, including hand marked paper ballots that can be audited with a human eye. Pass the bills now! They can be a model for the nation.
Join Common Cause NY and Let NY Vote for the launch of their “Democracy Defender” relational program in support of the “For the People Act” (S.1/H.R.1)!
The goal of this training is to learn the best practices of telling your S.1 Story and the most effective ways to share it with others! At the end of the training, all will sign the “Democracy Defender Pledge” to help at least 3 people take action in support of the “For the People Act”, as well as other opportunities for action. We need to make sure that as many people as possible are invested in S.1–our Democracy Defenders will be a key part of this.
- Click here to phone bank and connect voters in AZ and WVA with their senators in support of the For the People Act.
- Click here to phone bank with Center for Common Ground to AZ in support of the For the People Act, to fight voter suppression bills in TX, and get out the vote in VA.
Special Immigrant Visas
Our friends at the Westchester Jewish Coalition for Immigration have asked us to help with outreach to see that that Afghans employed by the Federal Government are granted Special Immigrant Visas before we pull our troops out of Afghanistan on September 11th. This NYT Opinion piece explains, “We have obligations to the thousands of Afghans who supported us, mainly as interpreters for our military. They were promised special immigrant visas to get them out of harm’s way, but many have yet to materialize. The Taliban view them as traitors: Since 2014, there have been at least 300 targeted killings of people who worked with us. Many more will die if the administration doesn’t take immediate steps to speed up the process to get them out safely.”There are 10 families in Westchester County who are here thanks to the SIV program and many others throughout the metro area. But more families need help. Here’s what you can do.
- Click here for a script to use to send an email, letter or make a call to President Biden and your representatives in Congress asking that they approve Special Immigrant Visas for Afghans who were employed by the U.S. government by 9/11.
Westchester County has plenty of vaccines on hand for those eligible for the vaccine.
- Vaccines for 12-15 year olds are now available.
- Schedule an appointment here.
- View the Westchester County COVID dashboard here.
- The NYS COVID vaccination hotline is (833) NYS-4 VAX; (833) 697-4829.
#Filibuster FridaysEach Friday, Indivisible members across New York send social media messages to members of Congress to tell them why we must end the Filibuster! Click here for a social media toolkit.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.