We are living in a time when anyone, anywhere can broadcast to millions. Every day we feel the effects of what it means to live in a “post-truth” world. Russian disinformation caught us off guard in 2016. In 2020, we face the most crucial election of our lifetimes. Now much more disinformation is homegrown, and openly flaunted as a political campaign tool. What can we do as concerned citizens to secure and protect our elections and society from ongoing attacks that travel effortlessly through virtual borders? Becoming informed is the crucial first step, especially for those of us who use social media platforms. This webinar, presented in collaboration with Disarm Disinformation, will provide a basic overview and address these questions:
- What is disinformation and what does weaponized information look like?
- How can disinformation so easily flourish on today’s social media platforms?
- What forms is disinformation taking in 2020?
- How can we fight back effectively as engaged citizens and activists?
- What could a network of disinformation-fighters look like?
Wednesday, March 18, 8:00-9:30PM Eastern
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.