IRONTON/CHILLICOTHE/MARIETTA — The Ohio Democratic Party will highlight how Donald Trump has broken his promises on health care at news conferences TOMORROW, Wednesday, Jan. 29, in Ironton, Chillicothe and Marietta.
Here are the facts on health care in Ohio:
- Ohio was one of eight states that saw its uninsured rate jump in 2018.
- One group that has been particularly hard hit is Ohio kids — the number of uninsured kids increased by 28 percent from 2016 to 2018. That’s nearly 30,000 more uninsured children.
- The Ohio Hospital Association has said that “fully 25 percent of our hospitals in Ohio would be at risk of closure” if Republicans succeed at repealing the Affordable Care Act and ending the Medicaid expansion.
- WHO: Ohio Democratic Party Chairman David Pepper, Ohio Senate candidate Ryan Ottney, congressional candidate Shawna Roberts
- WHEN: TOMORROW, Wednesday, Jan. 29, at 10 a.m.
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ironton
401 S. 9th St.
- WHO: Ohio Democratic Party Chairman David Pepper, Ohio House candidate Beth Workman, congressional candidates Joel Newby and Daniel Kilgore
- WHEN: TOMORROW, Wednesday, Jan. 29, at 12:30 p.m.
United Steelworkers Local 731
553 W. 4th St.
- WHO: Ohio Democratic Party Chairman David Pepper, Ohio Senate candidate Michael Fletcher, congressional candidate Shawna Roberts
- WHEN: TOMORROW, Wednesday, Jan. 29, at 3:30 p.m.
Washington County Democratic Party HQ
227 Putnam St.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.