Do this NOW:
No, you don’t have your calendar mixed up: we’re sending our usual Thursday newsletter early this week because this action can’t wait.
The Senate may vote before the end of this week on whether witnesses will be allowed in the impeachment trial. And if that vote fails, the Senate could vote to acquit right then. That means that you, and everyone you know, have to call your Senators NOW and demand the Senate hold a fair and open impeachment trial with relevant witnesses and documents. Operators are standing by; we wish we could offer BOGO on this deal, but we have something you can’t afford to lose — Democracy!
Join IEB to talk policy with our Senators’ staffs
Visiting our Members of Congress’ staff to talk legislation and policy? That’s one of IEB’s superpowers! Please join us. No cape or tights needed, just sign up:
- Our next visit to Sen. Harris’s San Francisco office will be at noon on Thursday, Feb. 6. Please use this form to join us.
- Our next visit to Sen. Feinstein’s SF office will be at noon on Monday, Feb. 10. Please sign up here.
State and Local News
Now We Are Three!
Our January All Members Meeting / anniversary cake-abration rocked! Stay tuned for our article with details and photos. If you missed it, or even if you didn’t, you’ll want to mark your calendars for the February 23 meeting, 1 to 3 PM, at Sports Basement, Berkeley. More info & sign up here!
Reclaim Our Vote’s Founder to speak in East Bay
Join Reclaim Our Vote founder Andrea Miller in Dublin or Berkeley for a rundown of ROV’s ’19 successes and how we can help swing states in ’20. Your purchase of tickets supports ROV’s work, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds (see each RSVP page for details). In Dublin on Thurs. Jan. 30, or in Berkeley on Tues. Feb. 4. All info, and donate or get tickets for Dublin here, or for Berkeley here,
Your donations to IEB support our actions against the Evil Empire but do not go to candidate-related events.
- Jan. 29, 11 AM-1 PM: Join a phone bank to call voters in key senators’ states, to demand a fair impeachment trial. In Oakland. Info & RSVP here.
- Feb. 4, 6-8 PM: Reclaim Our Vote fundraiser, with ROV founder Andrea Miller. In Berkeley. Info & RSVP.
- Feb. 6, noon: Senator Harris office visit, San Francisco. Sign up here.
- Feb. 9, 1-4 PM: Phonebanking for AZ, in El Cerrito (private home near Del Norte BART). Info & RSVP.
- Feb. 10, noon: Senator Feinstein office visit, San Francisco. Sign up here.
- Feb. 23, 1-3 PM: All Members Meeting at Sports Basement, Berkeley. Info & RSVP.
OTHER EVENTS (see section below for links to election activities & events):
IEB doesn’t necessarily endorse the groups, events, or candidates included here. Submit calendar events to email@example.com
- Indivisible National’s live-streamed interviews with 2020 Democratic candidates: watch recordings at this link. More info here.
- EVERY TUESDAY, 4:30-5:30 PM: Resistance Rally by Grand Lake Theater, Oakland
- EVERY THURSDAY, 5-6 PM: Table with Indivisible Resistance Action East Bay at Rockridge BART.
- Jan. 30, 7-8:30 PM: Reclaim Our Vote Info Session & Fundraiser, with Andrea Miller. In Dublin. Info & register.
- Jan. 31: Deadline for open enrollment in a Covered California health plan that begins Feb. 1, 2020. Note, deadline may not apply if you have a specific qualifying event – FAQs here.
Election Activities & Events!
Check out phone & text banks, and much more, hosted by these great groups IEB works with:
- Democracy Action’s calendar (search by location)
- East Bay Activist Alliance phone & text banks, more. See list & RSVP here
- Flip the West: postcarding, voter registration, and more, listed here
- Indivisible Berkeley phone & text banks
- Indivisible National phonebank: call voters in key areas to urge their Senators to ensure a fair impeachment trial in Senate.
- Indivisible SF: phone banks, more.
- NorCal Blue’s events calendar.
- Swing Left East Bay phone banks, canvassing, more. See list here.
- West County Organizing: phone & text banks to elect/re-elect Democrats in the House & Senate, in El Sobrante. Events links here and here.
- Working America Central Valley canvasses. Sign up here.
We Could Not Make This Up
This week’s must-watch administration entertainment — a bold new mashup of Fahrenheit 451 Meets The Godfather. Because censorship is always topical, the State Department banned NPR from traveling to Europe with Mike Pompeo after reporter Michele Kelemen asked a question that made Pompeo mad. Now Donny Scissorshands-in-Chief is agreeing we should deep six NPR because it’s a “big-government, Democrat Party propaganda operation.” But of course always keep your eye on Don Don (President Corleone) when he says things like ”Get rid of her… Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out.” Oops. Looks like we just quoted NPR, there. Been nice knowing you all.
Fired up to do more? Give us a shout!
- Volunteer with IEB or find out how we work: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate – keep the momentum going!
- Questions/comments about IEB: email@example.com
- Don’t miss an issue: subscribe to this newsletter!
- Questions/comments on the newsletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
IEB uses Slack, a chat system for talking about important issues, planning events, and team discussions. Want an invite to join Slack? Please drop us a line at email@example.com. Already on Slack? Feel free to contact our team leads:
- CA Senators: @ameliacass, @linh
- CA-11, Rep. DeSaulnier: @Kristen L, @Ted Lam
- CA-13, Rep. Lee: @linh
- CA-15, Rep. Swalwell: @ward
- Newsletter: @anngdan, @heidirand
- Volunteers: @andrea
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.