Deadline: NOW –
Sorry we can’t offer BOGO on this impeachment deal, but you do need to call RIGHT AWAY. In fact, NOW’s the time for us all to burn up the phone lines demanding the Senate hold a fair and open impeachment trial with relevant witnesses and documents. The urgency is real: according to reports, the Senate may vote on whether witnesses will be allowed on or before Friday January 31. And if that vote fails, the Senate could vote to acquit right then. Keep checking here for updates on the timeline, but assume we only have a short window of time – which means we need to CALL.EVERY.DAY!
We truly have no choice – we’re not gonna just sit here while McConnell and the GOP go on with their cover-up and ram through their predetermined outcome, constitutional obligations be damned. Because right matters. And truth matters. And truth requires witnesses.
What you can do:
1. Call California’s Senators and say:
My name is _______, my zip code is _____, and I’m a member of Indivisible East Bay. Thank you for speaking out publicly and voting for a fair and open impeachment trial. Please keep fighting, and make sure the trial includes relevant witnesses and documents.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein (email) (415) 393-0707 • DC: (202) 224-3841
- Sen. Kamala Harris (email) (415) 981-9369 • DC: (202) 224-3553
2. Use Indivisible National’s tool to connect voters in key states directly to THEIR Senators so they can demand a fair and open trial.
- Use this form to sign up for shifts making phone calls from anywhere with Indivisible National’s online tool. (You’ll need access to a computer or tablet to log in to Indy’s remote phone-banking system, and a phone to actually make calls).
- Indivisible National will make sure you have all the info you need to contact voters once you sign up.
- You can sign up for one shift or many – as Indivisible National says, “any amount of time you can commit to calling makes a real difference in this critical fight to protect our democracy.”
- Join IEB members and others at an in-person phone bank on Wednesday, January 29 from 11 AM to 1 PM, at a home in Oakland, south of Piedmont. See all info and sign up here.
3. Spread the word! Tell everyone to call THEIR Senators now.
Got friends in California? Give them the info in Points 1 and 2, above. Got friends outside of California? Give them the info in Point 2, and also tell them to call the Capitol switchboard, 202-224-3121, and ask to be connected to their own Members of Congress.
What to say:
My name is _______, my zip code is _____. I want you to fight for a fair and open impeachment trial with relevant witnesses and documents.
- If their senators have already spoken out for what you’re asking and/or voted for a fair trial, don’t forget to thank them!
- What about Republican Senators? See Indivisible’s page for great suggestions on what to say.
4. Learn more: See the slides that Indivisible East Bay Governance Committee member Larry presented at the impeachment breakout at the January 26 All Members Meeting. He covers how we got to this crazy place, what we’ve done to make impeachment happen, and what YOU can do right now and in the coming days to pressure the Senate to actually kick the demented dotard out!
Larry Baskett, Amelia Cass, Ann Daniels, Andrea Lum, Linh Nguyen and Fiona Woods contributed to this article.
Originally posted on Indivisible East Bay. Re-posted with permission.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.