It’s clear that Senator Collins is not the leader she once was, particularly when it comes to reproductive health and rights.”Commentary: Real leadership needed to protect and advance reproductive rights
Why is Planned Parenthood taking this stance against Susan Collins? Because of her record.
- The Planned Parenthood Maine Action Fund opposes Senator Collins because judges she put on the 6th Circuit Court allowed Ohio to defund Planned Parenthood and gave Kentucky permission to force unnecessary invasive procedures on women seeking legal abortions. Both cases set national precedent.
- The Planned Parenthood Maine Action Fund opposes Senator Collins because judges she put on the 5th Circuit allowed Louisiana to block abortion access. And because Kavanaugh and Gorsuch voted to let the law go into effect while they hear the case. If SCOTUS upholds the law, other states will follow.
- The Planned Parenthood Maine Action Fund opposes Senator Collins because Gorsuch joined other SCOTUS conservatives in 2018 to allow fake crisis centers in California to deceive people seeking abortions.
- And because of her 2017 #TaxScam vote, which put the ACA at risk, and her 2015 vote to defund PP.
- The Planned Parenthood Maine Action Fund opposes Senator Collins because HHS Secretary Alex Azar, whom Collins supports, implemented the Title X Gag Rule, blocked ACA contraceptive coverage and allowed health care workers to deny abortion coverage, transgender care, and other health services.
- The Planned Parenthood Maine Action Fund opposes Senator Collins because she gave millions from her leadership PAC to anti-choice Republicans, including 35 of 39 senators who just asked SCOTUS to overturn #RoevWade and because she is funded by leaders of anti-choice groups The Susan B Anthony Project and The Federalist Society.
The Planned Parenthood Maine Action Fund is abandoning Senator Collins because she has abandoned the battle for reproductive rights. The proof is in her voting record. See the evidence for yourself in The Case Against Susan Collins.
Originally posted on Twitter. Re-posted with permission.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.