On this episode, I discuss the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) with passionate advocate and activist for women’s rights, Kate Kelly. We discuss the role that the state of Virginia will play in finally ratifying the ERA, after it was introduced nearly a century ago.
About Today’s Guest
In 2013 Kate Kelly founded a group called Ordain Women to advocate for gender equality in the Mormon Church. She was convicted of apostasy by 3 male Mormon leaders & excommunicated from the church in June 2014 for speaking out against the institutional oppression of women.
Throughout her legal career, she has been committed to defending human rights, the rights of refugees and asylum seekers, as well as, the rights of other marginalized groups.
Support the Electorette
- Rate & Review on iTunes: https://apple.co/2GsfQj4
- Support Electorette on Patreon for $2/month: http://bit.ly/Electorette-Patreon
- Also, if you enjoy the Electorette, please subscribe and leave a 5-star review on iTunes. Also, please spread the word by telling your friends, family and colleagues about The Electorette!
- Want to support the Electorette so that we can bring you more great episodes? You can help us produce more episodes with just $2/per month on Patreon. Every bit helps! Patreon.com/Electorette
- WANT MORE ELECTORETTE? Follow the Electorette on social media.
The Electorette is a proud member of the DemCast Network!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.