In case you missed it… Ahead of Donald Trump’s visit this week to the Buckeye State, Ohio Democratic Party Chairman David Pepper writes in today’s Toledo Blade: “It’s clear why President Trump keeps returning to Ohio: Our state is in play because of his broken promises and failed policies.”
- President Trump keeps coming to Ohio, while jobs keep leaving the Buckeye State. Mr. Trump made five visits here in 2019, and he’s coming to Toledo this week for his first campaign stunt of 2020 — even as more than 4,000 jobs have disappeared from the state since January.
- It’s clear why President Trump keeps returning to Ohio: Our state is in play because of his broken promises and failed policies.
- When the final numbers are in, it’s likely that 2019 will have been the first year since 2009, the height of the Great Recession, that Ohio lost jobs, and Mr. Trump’s disastrous trade war by tweet has been a major reason why.
- President Trump told Ohioans their jobs were “all coming back” and his new tax law would help the middle class. Instead, big corporations like General Motors got a huge windfall, reporting $4.3 billion in income in 2018, while laying off thousands of workers across North America and shuttering factories including its plant in Lordstown.
- On top of all that, the Trump tax scam actually encourages companies to ship jobs overseas.
- This week, President Trump will try to distract us all from these economic realities.
- Ultimately, it’s Ohio workers who are paying the price for Mr. Trump’s broken promises.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.