It’s Halloween, but when we’ve got the Pumpkin King-in-Chief every night, we need something special … how about an Impeachment House? Now, that’s not scary — that’s a treat! We hope it stays open long after this holiday is over.
Here are some easy, important costumes you can don to fight Trump regime demons this Halloween:
- Be a fire fighter for fire victims & enviro justice
- The Justice League says No DNA without consent
- Don’t be Mr. Moneybags – let’s tax the rich!
Action 1: The fire this time
Deadline: Now. The crisis is NOW – We lost power and are breathing smoke, and fires raged and continue to rage to the north and south — again. Our hearts go out to all those affected, including our colleagues in Indivisible Healdsburg and Indivisible Petaluma. At the same time, we’re outraged, and our article gives you ways to fight for environmental justice, support immigrants and undocumented families, help fire victims, and more.
Action 2: Protect migrants from forced DNA grab
Deadline: Comment due Nov. 12 – The Dept. of (In)justice again targets our most vulnerable communities, with a new rule that would require DHS to forcibly take DNA from immigrants in detention centers. Learn much more about the rule in our article, where we also give info on how to file your comment — by November 12 — and supply suggestions for what you can say to fight this intrusion into migrants’ rights.
Action 3: Come support Tax the Rich
Deadline: Join us Nov. 6 – Hear ye, hear ye, rich people should pay more taxes! If you agree, join us at the Tax the Rich event on Nov. 6 at SF City Hall. Taxing the rich benefits everyone, it’s a matter of social justice and economic justice, and it makes sense (plus cents). Read our article for more info on the event, and to find out why it’s so important for you to join this movement!
Visit Sen. Harris’s staff with IEB
After you put your costume away, put on your Member of Congress visiting clothes! Join us on November 8 at 2 PM as we meet with Sen. Harris’s staff in SF to talk policy and gain insights. Sign up here.
State and Local News
Inspiration & Motivation at October AMM
Special guest Charlie Varon mesmerized at our 10/27 All Members Meeting, with his wry & moving monologue about canvassing in a red district. Read our article to see how he motivated us, and to hear all about our action breakouts. Save the date — Nov. 24, 1-3 PM – for our annual potluck AMM! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more involved or for an invite to our Slack group!
Sign up: Mass Impeachment Mobilization
A broad grassroots coalition is organizing rapid-response events to demand Congress impeach & remove Trump. Search here for events near you, or step up to host one! Dates for events will be set when a House vote on impeachment articles is scheduled, sign up so you’ll be the first to know when events are called.
Your donations to IEB support our actions against the Evil Empire but do not go to candidate-related events.
- Nov. 5, 5:30 PM: Join IB, IEB, East Bay Activist Alliance & SwingLeft East Bay at Election Night Watch Party for Virginia elections. At Spats, Berkeley. No RSVP needed.
- Nov. 8, 2 PM: IEB meeting with Sen. Harris’s staff, sign up here.
- Nov. 24, 1-3 PM: IEB All Members Meeting, annual potluck! Sports Basement, Berkeley.
OTHER EVENTS (see section below with links to phone banks & much more):
IEB doesn’t necessarily endorse the groups, events, or candidates included here. Submit calendar events to email@example.com
- EVERY TUESDAY, 4:30-5:30 PM: Resistance Rally by Grand Lake Theater, Oakland
- EVERY THURSDAY, 5-6 PM: Table with Indivisible Resistance Action East Bay at Rockridge BART.
- Nov. 2, 1-2:30 PM: Rep. DeSaulnier Town Hall: Women in Leadership, Politics, and Society, in Danville. RSVP here.
- Nov. 7, 6:30-8 PM: Rep. DeSaulnier 100th Congressional Town Hall, in Concord. RSVP here.
- Nov. 13: Register new citizens to vote in Oakland. 10 AM-noon and 2-4 PM.
- Nov. 13, 6-8 PM: How to Save the World With Local Politics, with Sen. Skinner and Asm. Wicks, in Berkeley. Info & RSVP here
Phone! Canvass! More!
Check out phone & text banks, and much more, hosted by these great groups IEB works with:
- NorCal Blue’s events calendar.
- Working America Central Valley canvasses.Sign up here.
- Swing Left East Bay phone banks, canvassing, more. See list here.
- East Bay Activist Alliance phone & text banks, more. See list & RSVP here
- Indivisible Berkeley phone & text banks
- Indivisible SF: phone banks, more.
- Flip the West: postcarding, voter registration, and more, listed here
- Democracy Action’s calendar (search by location)
- West County Organizing: phone & text banks for state & special elections, in El Sobrante. Tuesdays, 1-3 PM & Saturdays, 11 AM-1 PM. Also, Nov. 2 to Nov. 5 phone banks for VA – email Nancy for all schedules & to RSVP.
We Could Not Make This Up
In a week of tricks and treats, the First Fang-mily went weird in handing out candy. Moving on, anyone notice the Democrats casting hexes at World Series Game 5? The magic was so strong, it cast a spell on Jack Dorsey. Better duck, Zuck, a spell’s heading your way! Speaking of creeps who track your very personal info, how about the Missouri state health director keeping a spreadsheet on Planned Parenthood clients’ periods? Dude. Not cool. You know what is cool? Local group Pandia Health, which delivers birth control, with a kickass campaign about safely skipping menstrual periods (note, very slightly graphic graphic).
Fired up to do more? Give us a shout!
- Volunteer with IEB or find out how we work: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate – keep the momentum going!
- Questions/comments about IEB: email@example.com
- Don’t miss an issue: subscribe to this newsletter!
- Questions/comments on the newsletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
IEB uses Slack, a chat system for talking about important issues, planning events, and team discussions. Want an invite to join Slack? Please drop us a line at email@example.com. Already on Slack? Feel free to contact our team leads:
- CA Senators: @ameliacass, @linh
- CA-11, Rep. DeSaulnier: @Kristen L, @Ted Lam
- CA-13, Rep. Lee: @linh
- CA-15, Rep. Swalwell: @ward
- Newsletter: @anngdan, @heidirand
- Volunteers: @andrea
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.