Actions you can do this week are listed below.
Check out ALL the actions on the website.
Share this information on your social media!
The GOP-controlled Senate passed a new congressional map previously approved by the state House. The congressional map radically alters the makeup of New Hampshire’s two congressional districts. Gov. Chris Sununu (R) has pledged to veto the map after the Senate failed to make changes to make districts more competitive.
- Join us for our monthly Power Hour Lunch, Thurs, March 24. We’ll bring you up to date on what is happening in the state and brainstorm some effective ways to work on the election in the coming months. So, bring your lunch, a snack, or a drink. Sign up here.
Local elections matter! Courts matter! All elections in WI are run at the municipal level. Who is running them can make the difference as to whether someone gets to vote or not. Courts impact what maps and voting laws are in place.
- Join the WisDems in texting people to remind them to request their absentee ballots and get out to vote this Spring! Text out the vote for April 5th. Sign up here.
Thanks to an independent redistricting committee, PA is going to have much fairer maps for its state legislative races. But Democrats do need to turn out to vote! Voting is a habit. People who vote in the primary are more likely to vote in general. We need them to come out in May!
- Join Turn PA Blue on Tuesdays to sign up voters to vote by mail and to elect Democrats up and down the ballot! According to TPB, the most effective way to reach voters is via phone. Sign up.
If you’re comfortable using online spreadsheets and keeping multiple tabs open in your browser, then your skills are needed for some very important voter protection work in NC.
- Special Project to protect the vote in NC! Contact Dana at email@example.com for more information.
Upcoming Special Events
Have a laugh, make a donation and help get rid of America’s Worst Senator.
Join the WisDems and comedians such as Drew Carey, Ryan Stiles, and more for “Whose Democracy Is It Anyway?” March 20th at 8 PM ET Donate and sign up!
Learn how to make sure candidates get on the ballot in PA on March 27th. You can’t win if you don’t run! Turn PA Blue is making sure the Democrats, who are filing to run in PA, are on the ballot! The GOP will try to use every legal means possible to kick our candidates off the ballot. Learn how good candidates are kept on the ballot. Learn how to help!
What do new maps mean for North Carolina? Two experts share their knowledge about redistricting and its implications for NC Dems in 2022 at All In for NC’s Monthly Meeting. Blair Reeves, Executive Director of Carolina Forward, is an expert on the numbers and what they mean county to county. Rep. Vernetta Alston (Durham County) is a leader in recruiting candidates for the House Democratic Caucus. What do the new maps mean for Democrats in the state legislature? the U.S. House (spoiler alert: looking good!)? the State Supreme Court? the open Senate seat? Monday, March 28th, 2:30-3:30 pm Sign up here.
Fund the Movement
“Ten years of Republican misrule in our legislature has turned North Carolina into a weaker, meaner, and more unequal place. We’re the worst state for workers in America, our teacher pay trails almost the entire southeast, and right-wing ideologues are constantly pushing their extremist social agendas from Raleigh. . . . But another path is possible: a North Carolina where everyone is included.”—Carolina Forward
We can’t stress enough the importance a state legislature plays in the lives of ordinary people. Support these three groups that are leading efforts to build lasting Democratic power in North Carolina:
- Siembra NC builds trusted relationships in Latinx communities, connecting with folks that are often completely left out of the political process
- Carolina Federation brings together diverse groups of people and builds political power from the ground up
- County to County partners with county parties and builds a strong infrastructure for electing Democrats
Your donation gives you access to Grassroots to Win in North Carolina (April 6, 7-8 pm), a special event featuring the leaders of these three organizations.Co-sponsored by Lean Left and ten organizations around the country. You’ll receive more information the day before the event.Check out the North Carolina Briefing Sheet for more information about this battleground state.
Or contribute through your Giving Circle!
Lean Left Vermont has raised more than $300,000 since 2017!
Good Trouble Cafes + Giving Circles
Add Up to a Stronger Movement
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.