IC-SS Weekly Update: Dec 6, 2021
To Do List
This week, we’re highlighting 2 important items on our own to-do list.
1. This Wednesday: A Chorus for Us All
Come sing out for democracy with the citywide Indivisible Chicago Alliance – Wed, Dec 8th, 5:00 pm in Millennium Park! Join the chorus singing gently tweaked holiday carols to serenade our Senators and support national standards to protect the freedom to vote for all of us. Sign up here.
Look for Indivisible Chicago singers in Millennium Park near the city Christmas tree; singing talent is welcome but not required. Sarah, Teri, and Betsy will be among the friendly faces joining Indivisible Chicago folks from across the city.
- Event: A Chorus for Us All: Singing for the Freedom to Vote
- Activity: Singing democracy-themed carols, handing out flyers with info on the Freedom to Vote Act
- When: Wednesday, December 8th, 5:00 pm
- Where: Millennium Park by the city holiday tree (in person)
- Info: A Chorus for Us All FB Event Page
- Sign-up: RSVP here
2. This Thursday: Kina Collins, Sen Peters
THIS WEEK IN HYDE PARK-KENWOOD. Thursday, December 9th, 7:00 pm — your chance to meet State Senator Robert Peters and IL-07 candidate Kina Collins in person. They’ll speak AND answer questions.
Senator Peters (13th district) is Chair of the IL Senate Black Caucus. In his first year in office, he sponsored 13 bills, all signed by Gov. Pritzker. More recently, he ushered in Illinois’s SAFE-T Act for public safety with justice, now signed into law.
Kina Collins, Democratic candidate for the US House in the 7th district, is a lifelong activist and gun violence prevention and health care advocate with a track record of policy making and coalition building. She is challenging longtime incumbent Danny Davis.
- Event: Hear from Sen Robert Peters and Ms. Kina Collins
- When: Thursday, Dec. 9th, 7:00-9:00 pm
- Where: Church of St. Paul and the Redeemer, 4945 S. Dorchester
- Health precautions: All attendees must wear masks throughout the event. Our two special guests may remove their masks when addressing the group. We ask all attendees to be vaccinated.
- Sign up: RSVP here.
This Week We’re Laser-Focused
Why a short newsletter this week? We’re laser-focused on 2 important events. We’d love to have you join us on both Wednesday for the citywide Indivisible Chicago democracy caroling and on Thursday for our own evening with Sen. Robert Peters and Kina Collins.
Our regular newsletter will return next week! (Meanwhile, find our usual features, eg links to phonebanking & postcarding, in last week’s edition.)
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.