On Child Tax Credit Awareness Day, Florida Democrats Highlight Direct Payments Soon Going to Families
Starting in July, families will receive monthly payments as part of the expanded Child Tax Credit thanks to the Democrats’ American Rescue Plan
Miami, Fla— On Child Tax Credit Awareness Day the Florida Democratic Party is helping ensure parents know about the American Rescue Plan’s historic expansion of the Child Tax Credit and how it will benefit their families. In Florida specifically, the tax credit will provide relief of up to $300 per month per child to the families of 3.8 million children, lifting 272,000 children out of poverty.
“Thanks to President Biden and Democrats, working families with children will soon see major tax relief because of a historic expansion of the Child Tax Credit that was included in the American Rescue Plan. Beginning July 15th, families will start to see those checks in their mailboxes. The expanded child tax credit will lift 272,000 children out of poverty here in Florida, improve financial security, and stimulate economic growth in our state. But had it been up to Rick Scott and Marco Rubio, who voted against it, the expanded program would have never passed,” said Florida Democratic Party spokeswoman Alexandra Caffrey.
The Expanded Child Tax Credit is a game changer for working families across Florida:
- Single parents making 75k a year or less and couples making 150k a year or less will receive $3000 per child age 6-17 and $3600 per child under the age of 6
- This is an up to $1600 increase from the payment amount of the child tax credit before the American Rescue Plan passed
- Half of the credit will be divided into monthly payments and half will come as a credit on next year’s taxes
- 88% of all children living in the US will qualify for the payments
- This means hard working parents will be able to ensure their children have food on the table, school supplies, and access to the resources they need to succeed
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.