Once Popular with Her Constituents, Senator Susan Collins’ Record Over the Past Four Years Shows She’s Prioritizing Majority Leader McConnell’s Pro-Corporate Agenda, Not Listening to Mainers
Portland, MAINE — Maine Senator Susan Collins’ record over the past four years has made it clear that she is no longer listening to the Mainers she claims to represent. Since casting the key vote on the Republican tax giveaways, she has voted again and again to toe the party line, at the expense of Mainers. And according to a recent poll, 49% of Mainers think she’s too closely tied to special interests, and 46% believe she’s aligned herself with the “radical elements” of her party.
Over the coming week, 16 Counties Coalition will by publishing a series of fact sheets detailing how Collins’ record shows she has embraced Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s agenda, even when it hurts everyday Mainers:
- Her loyalty to Mitch McConnell and his radical pro-corporate agenda
- How casting the key vote for the 2017 Republican tax giveaways gave billions of dollars to the wealthy and special interests at the expense of Mainers
- Collins’ numerous votes to repeal and undermine the ACA and her cozy connections with special interests in healthcare industry
- The impact of her support for McConnell’s quest to pack the federal judiciary and the Supreme Court with judges that support his agenda
- How her signature Paycheck Protection Program was designed to benefit big corporations, not Maine small businesses
“When you look at her record: the tax giveaways, the Kavanaugh appointment, undermining the ACA — it’s clear that Susan Collins is interested in keeping her access to wealth and power in Washington, but she’s no longer interested in being our Senator,” said Willy Ritch, executive director of 16 Counties Coalition. “Susan Collins keeps saying she wants us to judge her on her record. But her record shows she is loyal to Mitch McConnell and the corporate special interests that fund their campaigns, not the Mainers she claims to represent.”
About the 16 Counties CoalitionThe 16 Counties Coalition is a year-long grassroots advocacy campaign aimed at amplifying the voices of families and working Mainers and encouraging Senator Susan Collins to vote in favor of the people she was elected to represent and defend. The campaign will mobilize members through small- and large-scale events, through digital action, and paid television, radio, and digital ads.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.