For nearly two years, we have been telling folks not to count out Ohio.
This week, it feels like people are finally starting to believe.
Yesterday we saw not one, not two, but *three* polls from the Buckeye State showing Joe Biden ahead of Donald Trump. This thing isn’t over, not by a long shot, but it’s going to be close — just like we’ve always said.
Now all eyes will once again be on Ohio, as the first presidential debate comes to Cleveland next week. Our Ohio 2020 Victory coordinated campaign is hosting a virtual debate watch party on Tuesday night — click here to join in the pre-debate program and watch with candidates, grassroots volunteers and activists from across the state. (There will be a few special guests, too.)
I’ll be sharing my thoughts about Ohio as a battleground state and real-time reactions to the debate via text with those of you who are interested. Text DEBATE to 79229 to sign up for my debate insights, and I’ll even answer a few of your questions, as well.
Thanks for being a part of this,
Ohio Democratic Party
Ohio Workers Call Out Trump’s Broken Promises
Before Donald Trump’s visit to the Buckeye State this week, Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur, Ohio Democratic Party Vice Chair Rhine McLin, Ohio Farmers Union President Joe Logan and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 8 Membership Development Director Josh Abernathy called out Trump’s broken promises to workers and farmers in a virtual news conference on Monday.
From Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur:
“And Donald Trump has broken his promises to Ohio workers; in his speech in Toledo back in 2016, I’ll quote him, he said, ‘New factories will come rushing to our shores.’ Well, guess what? Our trade deficit is bigger than ever, and his policies have actually accelerated offshoring and the loss of American manufacturing jobs … If you look at Trump’s tax scam he gave away billions to big corporations, but actually what they’ve done is continued to outsource …”
From Ohio Farmers Union President Joe Logan:
“What (Trump) has done was to break apart the network of international markets for agricultural commodities and virtually decimate our market for soybeans. The billions of tons of soybeans that we used to send to China … are still going to China, but they’re coming from Brazil.”
OHIO DEMS IN THE HEADLINES
Let’s Make It Count, Ohio!
The Ohio Democratic Party is bringing together Ohio icons and friends of the Buckeye State including Ohio State football legend Archie Griffin, television star Ed O’Neill, rocker and music producer Todd Rundgren and comedian Phoebe Robinson for its “Make It Count” campaign to encourage Ohioans to vote early this election season.
“We’re thrilled to partner with these iconic Ohioans and friends of the Buckeye State on our Make It Count campaign, our biggest and most robust early voting program ever,” said Ohio Democratic Party Chairman David Pepper. “Ohio Democrats have always believed our democracy is stronger when everyone counts and every vote is counted. Donald Trump is trying to bully his way through this election because he is afraid he’s losing, and Ohio Republicans are helping him every step of the way. However, Ohioans will not be deterred or dissuaded from voting — huge numbers of Ohio voters have already requested a vote-by-mail ballot. Whether we are black or white, young or old, Ohioans are coming together this election season to make their voices heard and make it count.”
Donald Trump and Joe Biden will be in Cleveland on Tuesday for the debate, so join us for our watch party and pre-program. Click here to RSVP.
Ohio Democrats are out in the community — check out these drive-through and socially distanced events this weekend:
You can always find events near you at Mobilize.us/OHDems.
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — Rural Weekend of Action
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — Ohio Latinos for Biden Virtual Phone Bank
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — No-Contact Lit Drops with Kate Schroder for Congress
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — Battleground Ohio: Summit County Saturdays
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — Warren County Democratic Party Virtual Phone Bank
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — Ohio Sportsmen and Sportswomen Virtual Phone Bank
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — Lit Drop for Monique Smith for Ohio House
- Saturday, Sept 26 — No-Knock Canvassing in Kent for Betsy Rader for Ohio Senate
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — Portage County Democratic Party Lit Drop
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — Ashtabula County Democratic Party Lit Drop
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — Reynoldsburg Area Democrats Voter Engagement Day
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — Clintonville Neighborhood Walk and Lit Drop for Alaina Shearer for Congress
- Saturday, Sept. 26 — Virtual Phone Bank for Mark Fogel for Ohio Senate
- Sunday, Sept. 27 — Digital Ambassador Training for Kate Schroder for Congress
- Sunday, Sept. 27 — Ohio Young Black Dems Text Bank with Desiree Tims for Congress
- Sunday, Sept. 27 — Licking County Democratic Party Socially Distanced Meet the Candidates Event
- Sunday, Sept. 27 — Union County Candidates Meet & Greet with Shannon Freshour for Congress, Tiffanie Roberts for Ohio House, Craig Swartz for Ohio Senate and Tony Eufinger for Union County Commissioner
- Sunday, Sept. 27 — Clark County Democratic Party Lit Drop
- Sunday, Sept. 27 — Amazing Race with Betsy Rader for Ohio Senate
- Sunday, Sept. 27 — Lit Drop for State Rep. Jessica Miranda
- Sunday, Sept. 27 — Virtual Phone Bank for Amy Cox for Ohio House
- Monday, Sept. 28 — Virtual Fundraiser with Congresswoman Joyce Beatty for Desiree Tims for Congress
- Monday, Sept. 28 — Virtual Fundraiser with Aftab Pureval for Erin Rosiello for Ohio House
- Monday, Sept. 28 — Phone Bank for Charmaine McGuffey for Hamilton County Sheriff
- Monday, Sept. 28 — Veterans and Military Community Caucus Monthly Roll Call
- Monday, Sept. 28 — Monday Madness Phone Bank in Champaign County
- Monday, Sept. 28 — Wood County — Battleground Phone Bank
- Tuesday, Sept. 29 — Oberlin Backyard Phone Bank for Zach Stepp for Ohio House
- Tuesday, Sept. 29 — Weekly Tim Ryan for Congress Phone & Text Bank
- Tuesday, Sept. 29 — Virtual Phone Bank for Rep. Mary Lightbody
- Tuesday, Sept. 29 — Virtual Phone Bank for Joan Sweeny for Ohio House
- Tuesday, Sept. 29 — Franklin County Young Dems Virtual Meeting and Phone Bank for Crystal Lett for Ohio Senate
- Wednesday, Sept. 30 — Southwest Ohio Latinx and Hispanic Community for Biden Phone Bank
- Wednesday, Sept. 30 — Veterans for Biden Virtual Phone Bank with Sen. Herschel Craig
- Wednesday, Sept. 30 — Ohio Democratic Party Digital Organizing Training
- Wednesday, Sept. 30 — Battleground Ohio Voter Protection Virtual Phone Bank
- Wednesday, Sept. 30 — Elyria/North Ridgeville Backyard Phone Bank for Zach Stepp for Ohio House
- Thursday, Oct. 1 — Arab Americans for Biden Virtual Meeting and Phone Bank
- Thursday, Oct. 1 — Ohio Veterans and Military Families for Biden Virtual Event with Jason Kander and State Rep. Erica Crawley
- Thursday, Oct. 1 — Stark County Virtual Phone Bank with Action Together Stark
- Thursday, Oct. 1 — Seniors for Biden Virtual Phone Bank
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.