Governor Cuomo signed into law absentee voting expansions for the upcoming election. All New York voters can now:
- Apply to vote by absentee ballot using the “temporary illness” cause
- Apply to vote by absentee ballot more than 30 days before the election
- Boards of elections will now process absentee ballots received the day after the election that do not have a visible postmark date.
It’s not too early to make a voting plan. You can vote three ways:
- Vote Early (Sat., October 24 – Sun., November 1)
- Vote By Mail (Request by October 27; Return by November 3)
- Vote on Election Day (Tuesday, November 3)
Click here to register for a NYDLC forum on lessons learned from the June primary and how to create a better process in November.
If you missed one of our previous Bootcamps this is your chance!
This Disinformation & Social Media Bootcamp is for Florida Democrats but everyone is welcome!
Session 1: Thurs, Aug 27 (6-7pm)
Session 2: Thurs, Sept 3 (6-7pm)
Disinformation evolves every day as we head into this most consequential election. It has never been so important for us to amplify the right stuff. Due to Covid, people are on social media platforms more than ever. Registration is free – sign up here:
Get your Ridin with Biden t-shirt while they last. They come in athletic or fitted cut (there are no fitted smalls left). Please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more info about how to order.
#trumptheRNC. Click here to pledge a dollar to the Biden/Harris campaign for every time Trump lies during this week’s Republican National Convention.
Buying postage for postcards helps the USPS and postcarding helps us reach voters in key states. Email us at IWPostcarding@gmail.com and we will get you set up with cards and lists. Looking for other ways to get involved? The Indivisible Westchester website has a ton of ideas. Flip the West, Open Progress, Westchester for Biden and more are all here in once place. Click here to take action now!
Winning swing states – Arizona, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Wisconsin – is crucial to a Biden victory and the twin goal of flipping the US Senate. Click here to adopt one of these states thanks to Vote Save America. “No matter where you live, you can directly support the work of organizers, volunteers, and candidates in the six key battleground states that will be most important to delivering a progressive majority in 2020. Just pick a state below, sign up, and we’ll get you everything you need to make a big difference this November.”
People registering voters in Georgia need masks for safety. There is a local group looking for donated supplies or sewers to help with this project. Email us at email@example.com to find out more.
Click here to read about the race to decide who should lead the Westchester Democratic party these next two years. And click here to register for a virtual forum on Sept. 1 @ 7 pm with the three candidates running.
The Census Bureau is halting efforts on September 30th, a full month earlier than planned. Trump thinks cutting the time needed to count all residents will help him politically. But an undercount will hurt states like NY, which could loose crucial federal aid along with up to two Congressional seats.
Now more than ever, it’s crucial that you fill out a Census form and ask that all your friends, relatives, neighbors and others do the same.
Click here to get started.
Ways To Help Those In Need:
- Feeding Westchester
- Donate to the New Rochelle Food Pantry
- Donate to WestCOP
- Donate to Family-to-Family
- Coronavirus Care Fund
- Donate to the National Domestic Workers Alliance Coronavirus Fund
- Masks are in short supply. Help out @ www.sewforny.org
- Call (914) 849-GIVE or email firstname.lastname@example.org to contribute to White Plains Hospital’s COVID-19 Relief Fund
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital, in addition to accepting masks, gloves and protective eyewear, would also accept funds for food for the health care workers and old iPads to help patients in hospitals stay connected with loved ones. You can email NYP at masks@NYP.net
- Greenwich Hospital has created a donation page for financial donations. Http://giving.greenhosp.org/giving/covid-19/support/funds/
- Additional ways to help locally
Here are some Domestic Violence hotlines and resources:
- Hope’s Door, Inc. (888) 438-8700 – Provides both residential and non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and Approved.
- My Sisters’ Place (800) 298-SAFE/7233 – Provides both residential and non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and Approved.
- Westchester County Office for Women– Provides non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and Approved
- Family Helpline/Hotline weekdays 9am – 5pm (914) 995-5972
- Weekend and after hours (914) 995-2099
- Spanish Language (White Plains) (914) 995–6581
- Spanish Language (Yonkers) (914) 231-2882
Together, we stand Indivisible against the Trump administration.
PO Box 214
Larchmont, NY 10538
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.