News and Updates
The race for U.S. Congressional District 6 will be won in the rural counties … or lost. We are the difference! Help elect Jon Hoadley to represent Michigan’s 6th district by taking part in virtual phone banking – happening every Wednesday (find more information under Useful Links.) Convention season is upon us! Sign up under the Upcoming Events section below, along with other exciting happenings. Watch for our MDP Convention edition next Wednesday. Now is the time to get involved! Speaking of involvement opportunities, have we mentioned virtual phone banking for Jon Hoadley? Other volunteer options include helping to staff our Allegan office, and don’t miss our Monthly Business Meeting via Zoom on Monday September 14th. Change starts with the individual, and your support can make a difference!
Allegan Dems Monthly Business Meeting!
September 14, 6:30 – 8 p.m.
(Web meeting opens at 6 p.m.)
Join us on Zoom:
Join us, it’s fun!
August 26th (Wednesday): Please join the MDP and the Democratic Municipal Organization for a fundraiser supporting the Michigan Democratic Party. Learn about our plan to get Democrats elected up and down the ballot in November. Special guests include: Lieutenant Governor Garlin Gilchrist, Lavora Barnes and Mayor Mike Duggan. Buy a ticket or join the host committee here.
August 29 – August 30 (Saturday and Sunday: Nominating Convention (Virtual)
Sign up Here, details will be sent next Wednesday!
September 11-19, 2020: Allegan County Fair and Parade ***Cancelled!***
September 12 (Saturday) from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Wayland Campaign Kick-off for Lily Cheng-Schulting!
September 14 (Monday) at 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Allegan Dems Monthly Business Meeting. Join us on Zoom!
September 15th (Tuesday): Save the date for a discussion with Paul Begala. More details to follow soon!
- Join #teamhoadley each Wednesday and virtually phone bank for Jon Hoadley here
- Do you have some free time? Volunteer to staff our office located at 315 Hubbard St, Allegan, MI 49010! We’re looking for volunteers with availability within these ranges: 10-7 pm M-Th and Friday/Saturday 10-5 pm. Indicate interest/availability here.
- Tickets for the MDP and Democratic Municipal Organization fundraiser or to join the host committee (also mentioned in the above section) can be found here
- Sign up for the Nominating Convention (virtual and also mentioned in the above section) can be found here
- All registered voters can vote absentee with same day registration through Election Day. An absentee voter application can be found here
Join via Email:
Join via Facebook:
On social media use hashtags:
Come on down and see us or work a shift at our Historic Office in Downtown Allegan!
Monday 12 – 6 p.m.
Tuesday 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Wednesday 12 – 6 p.m.
Thursdays 3 – 6 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.(Masks are worn by our Volunteers and requested to be worn by visitors per CDC Guidelines)
2020 is an important year for Democrats!
To donate online via ActBlue
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.