It’s Official — Biden-Harris Is The Ticket!
This week Joe Biden announced Kamala Harris as his running mate, and leaders from across Ohio applauded the selection:
“Kamala Harris has spent her whole life lifting up the voices of the workers and families that are too often drowned out by the powerful and the privileged,” said Sen. Sherrod Brown. “She took on Wall Street banks as California Attorney General, and we have fought together in the Senate to make our country a more just and equal place — one that lives up to the ideals her parents taught her, from the pews of the 23rd Avenue Church of God, to marching alongside her mother for civil rights. Senator Harris will be a strong partner to Joe Biden, and she will be a role model for young girls everywhere who will finally see a leadership team in the White House that looks a little more like the vibrant country we are today, and reflects the more perfect union we strive to be.”
Ohio Teachers Want Schools To Reopen Safely
Last week the Ohio Federation of Teachers released the initial results of a survey of their members, asking their concerns about reopening schools safely this fall.
“President Trump and Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos have called for a full-time return to in-person learning in districts across the country,” said OFT President Melissa Cropper. “It’s easy to make demands and threats, but it’s a lot harder to do the careful planning to ensure a safe reopening for our students and communities. We’re encouraged by the many superintendents and school administrators who are listening to our members’ concerns and refining their plans as more information becomes available.”
Next week’s Democratic National Convention is a hugely important moment for our party and our ticket. Now is the time when folks really start to tune in to what’s happening in the election, and we need your help to take advantage of this opportunity.
Sign up to host a watch party and invite your family, friends and coworkers to watch with you:
You can find more events near you at the Ohio Dems Mobilize page!
- Thursday, Aug. 13 — National Women for Biden Training
- Thursday, Aug. 13 — Districting & Gerrymandering: How They Impact Your Vote with Christian Johnson and Betsy Rader for Ohio Senate
- Saturday, Aug. 15 — Black Votes Matter Virtual Day of Action with Ohio Young Black Dems
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Weekend of Action: Virtual Absentee Ballot Requests with Ohio Young Democrats
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 — Ohio Women’s Rally with Crystal Lett, Kathy Wyenandt, Betsy Rader and Christian Johnson for Ohio Senate
- Sunday, Aug. 30 — Learn Voting Rights and Tribute to Congressman John Lewis Event
- Tuesday, Aug. 18 — Phone Bank with Congressman Tim Ryan, Commissioner Kathleen Clyde and John Kennedy
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Medina County Democratic Party Candidate Literature Drop
- Thursday, Aug. 13 — Women’s Democratic Caucus of Rural Northwest Ohio Virtual Town Hall with Judge Jennifer Brunner
- Friday, Aug. 14 — Lucas County Democrats Annual Democratic Golf Outing
- Sunday, Aug. 16 — Hancock County Phone Bank with Melissa Kritzell for County Commissioner
- Sunday, Aug. 16 — Virtual Phone Banking with Christian Johnson for Ohio Senate
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Weekend of Action Phone Bank in the Scioto Valley
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Health Care Open Mic Night! (Southwest Ohio Weekend of Action)
- Thursday, Aug. 13 — Thursday Phone Bank for Desiree Tims for Congress
- Friday, Aug. 14 — Virtual Office Hours with Kate Schroder for Congress
- Saturday, Aug. 15 — Hamilton County Democratic Party Judicial Coordinated Campaign Lit Drop
- Sunday, Aug. 16 — Virtual Town Hall with Sara Bitter and Amy Cox for Ohio House
- Sunday, Aug. 16 — Miami University Campus Kickoff with Michelle Novak for Ohio House
- Tuesday, Aug. 18 — Meet the Matriots Featuring Jill Schiller for Hamilton County Treasurer
- Saturday, Aug. 22 — Kick It Up with Kathy Wyenandt for Ohio Senate
- Saturday, Aug. 30 — Warren County Democratic Party Spring Gala & Silent Auction Going Virtual
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.