Trump Attacks Health Care During a Global Pandemic
The Trump administration hopes you didn’t notice this week that they’re still trying to throw out the Affordable Care Act.
Here in Ohio, the health care law repeal lawsuit would have devastating consequences if Trump and the GOP are successful. The Center for American Progress estimates that more than 860,000 Ohioans could lose their health coverage.
Nearly five million Ohioans with pre-existing conditions would lose critical protections, and as many as one-fourth of Ohio’s hospitals would be at risk for closure.
In 2019, Ohio Democrats sounded the alarm about the Affordable Care Act lawsuit and its potentially disastrous impact with events across the state.
One year later, the stakes are even higher.
OHIO DEMS IN THE HEADLINES
Ohio Dems Call Out Trump’s Broken Promises in Lordstown
In response to Vice President Mike Pence’s visit to Ohio this week, the Ohio Democratic Party hosted a virtual roundtable discussion with Youngstown Mayor Tito Brown, as well as workers and community members impacted by the closing of the General Motors plant in Lordstown.
“Vice President Mike Pence’s visit is too little, too late for the people of the Mahoning Valley,” Ohio Democratic Party Chairman David Pepper said. “The Trump administration has ignored the workers of GM Lordstown for years, starting with his very first day in office, when GM laid off more than 1,000 workers. The workers of GM Lordstown begged Donald Trump to do something to help them for years — for years. He ignored their pleas. And then when the plant was finally shut down, Donald Trump had the audacity to go on Twitter and blame the workers and their union leaders.”
“It remains to be seen if this project will become what has been promised. I hope it does because the last thing the people of the Mahoning Valley need is more broken promises. Donald Trump told Ohioans, ‘don’t move, don’t sell your house.’ But that’s exactly what so many working families had to do.”
- Saturday, June 27 — Giving Back with Mahoning Valley Democrats
- Sunday, June 28 — Ohio Democratic Party Digital Organizing Training
- Monday, June 29 — Ohio Veterans and Military Families Muster
- Monday, June 29 — NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio’s Parenting During a Pandemic with Rep. Allison Russo and Rep. Casey Weinstein
- Tuesday, June 30 — Virtual Town Hall with Crystal Lett and Joel O’Dorisio for Ohio Senate
- Tuesday, June 30 — Virtual Event with Shannon Freshour for Congress and Gov. Ted Strickland
- Tuesday, June 30 — Lawyers & Labor “No Show” Fundraiser for Judge Myron Duhart for Court of Appeals
- Tuesday, June 30 — State Rep. Phil Robinson Virtual Town Hall
- Wednesday, July 1 — Lake County Democratic Party Meet the Candidates
- Wednesday, July 8 — Vino the Vote with Red, Wine & Blue
- Thursday, July 9 — Virtual Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser with Joan Sweeny
- Tuesday, July 14 — Virtual Town Hall with Crystal Lett and Kathy Wyenandt for Ohio Senate
- Tuesday, July 21 — Virtual Town Hall with Crystal Lett and Tom Jackson for Ohio Senate
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.