Improving Black Maternal Health
Ohio Legislative Black Caucus President Stephanie Howse’s legislation to address racial disparities and improve prenatal and maternal health outcomes is now heading to the governor’s desk for his signature.
“I am committed to changing the narrative around health disparities and death among mothers in Ohio,” said Howse, co-founder of the Ohio Black Maternal Health Caucus. “I am pleased with the passage of House Bill 11 and the impact it will have on future generations. There is still more work to be done, but we are prepared to continue to fight for our mothers and babies!”
Sykes Nominated by EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List has nominated Ohio House Democratic Leader Emilia Sykes for their 2020 Rising Star Award! Click here to cast your vote for her.
VoteVets Endorses O’Connor Mueri
VoteVets is endorsing Navy veteran Hillary O’Connor Mueri in Ohio’s 14th Congressional District. “Now more than ever we need a leader like Hillary, who combines courage, integrity and a commitment to service, representing us in Washington,” said Will Goodwin, VoteVets Director of Government Relations.
Support the Ohio Fairness Act
In a 6-3 decision with Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Neil Gorsuch joining the U.S. Supreme Court’s liberal justices, the court this week ruled that federal civil rights laws protect LGBTQ Americans from workplace discrimination.
This is a huge win, but there is still work to be done. State Sen. Nickie Antonio sponsored the Ohio Fairness Act, which would outlaw all discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. This is critical legislation for the LGBTQ+ community in Ohio. Take a minute to urge your legislators to support the Ohio Fairness Act.
- Wednesday, June 17 — Warren County Democratic Party Meeting
- Wednesday, June 17 — Swing Left Conversation with Crystal Lett for Ohio Senate
- Thursday, June 18 — Central Ohio for Joe Biden Kickoff
- Thursday, June 18 — Red, Wine and Blue Decanted LIVE with Desiree Tims for Congress
- Thursday, June 18 — Warren County for Joe Biden Community Meeting
- Thursday, June 18 — Hamilton County Young Dems Meeting and Roundtable with Commissioner Denise Driehaus
- Friday, June 19 — Lunch with Your Hamilton County Legislators Conversation with Equality Ohio
- Saturday, June 20 — Ohio Democratic Party Digital Organizing Training
- Tuesday, June 23 — Virtual Postcard Party for Rachael Morocco for Ohio House
- Thursday, June 25 — Montgomery County Democratic Party Virtual Update
- Friday, June 26 — Equality Ohio 15th Anniversary Party
- Tuesday, June 30 — Virtual Town Hall with Crystal Lett and Joel O’Dorisio for Ohio Senate
- Tuesday, July 14 — Virtual Town Hall with Crystal Lett and Kathy Wyenandt for Ohio Senate
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.