Action #1: SHIELD against election interference
Deadline: Until our Senators get off their seats to protect our elections – Are you anxious about foreign interference in our elections? Worried about how it put the Popular-Vote-Loser-in-Chief in the White House, what it might do in this election? You should be. Our Senators should be too. The Stopping Harmful Interference in Elections for a Lasting Democracy (SHIELD) Act, S.2669, passed the House but Mitch McConnell is sitting on it in the Senate. Tell our Senators they need to sponsor the SHIELD Act and force votes — like we saw them do during the impeachment trial. If they don’t do everything they can to protect our elections, they shouldn’t be in the Senate. Info & call scripts in our article.
Action #2: Hey – yes, you
Deadline: Right away! – Whatcha doing? Got a minute? Great! The Current Occupant isn’t gonna replace himself, and we need to get Democrats all the way down the 2020 ticket voted in. It can happen! But it’s gonna take work. Hey, you said you had a minute, so:
- Sign up on this form to help IEB flip AZ & other states. Can you help host & run events? Let us know on the form!
- Go to our events calendar; and if you haven’t already, subscribe to our newsletter to see event listings.
- Check out scads of other election events hosted by IEB’s partners.
- Join our Slack events-planning channel. Not on IEB’s Slack? Ask for an invite: Info@IndivisibleEB.org
Action #3: If ya don’t vote, ya can’t complain
Disenchanted with the debates? Worried your top candidate may not have a good chance to win the nomination, but just don’t want to vote for one you think may be more popular? Tired of the whole thing? We’re hearing all this, and we have one thing to say: VOTE ANYWAY. We wouldn’t dream of telling you who to vote for, or whether it’s better to go with your heart or to try to be tactical … but for the love of all we hold dear, VOTE. And make sure your friends vote, too — even if it’s for someone else. Sitting this one out abdicates your voice in our democracy. Don’t do that. In case you forgot: the CA Presidential Primary is next Tues., March 3. VOTE. Info & resources in our article.
What We’ve Been Doing
- Packed House for Prez Primary Panelists: An enthusiastic crowd at February’s All Members Meeting heard passionate and well-informed local volunteers & grassroots organizers from the Bloomberg, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Sanders, Steyer & Warren campaigns (Biden’s rep couldn’t make it). Thanks to Indivisible’s Senior Regional Organizer Dennessa, who started us off with an update about the Indivisible Payback Project to take back the Senate. Check out our article.
- CA-11 Team held their meeting & debate watch party on Feb. 19. See how Carl got his wings and more, in our article.
Your donations to IEB support our actions against the Evil Empire but do not go to candidate-related events.
Activities & Events!
2020 Voter Outreach Events
Can’t make any of these? Please fill out this form: we’ll let you know about future events.
- In AZ with Flip the West: Sign up for events here. IEB plans to help coordinate travel & housing; fill out our form if you’re interested.
- In CA-10 (Modesto) with Working America: March 7, 10 AM. Info & RSVP here.
Phone &Text Bank/Postcard & Letter:
- Call/Text AZ, CO & CA: Several March dates, Info & RSVP
- Text AZ & CO: March 1, 2-5 PM in Oakland. Info & RSVP
- Postcard: March 2, 6:45-8:45 PM in Oakland. Info & RSVP
- Call AZ: March 7, 1-3 PM in Richmond. Info & RSVP
- Text AZ & CO: March 8, 2-5 PM in Oakland. Info & RSVP
- Call AZ: March 14, 1-3 PM in Richmond. Info & RSVP
- Text: March 28, 10 AM-noon, in Berkeley. Info & RSVP
- Postcard/Letter: March 29, 10 AM-noon, in Berkeley. Info & RSVP
- Check out our updated article with a great list of phone & text banks, and much more, hosted by IEB’s partners in flipping 2020 blue.
Other Activities & Events
March 29, 1-3 PM: IEB All Members Meeting at Sports Basement, Berkeley.
We Could Not Make This Up
Are we crazy, or is there a pattern here? We’ve got a perfectly good space administration — it even has “Space Administration” in its name! — but, ya know, nerdy rocket science, not part of the military, so we get … Space Force! We’ve got a Health & Human Services Dept and Centers for Disease Control, but Screw-you-public-health-in-Chief has slashed their budgets; there’s currently a drug to treat Coronavirus in a clinical trial sponsored by the Natl Institutes of Health, but nah, who’s he gonna call? The Dept of Homeland Security, reporting to Mike Pence. What could go wrong? Well, if there were a doctor in the house, they might actually have information about the virus, instead of struggling to get into paywall websites. Or just not knowing what the fork they’re talking about.
Want to do more? Contact Us!
- Volunteer with IEB or find out how we work: email@example.com
- Questions/comments about IEB: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t miss an issue: subscribe to this newsletter!
- Questions/comments on the newsletter: email@example.com
- Join us on the chat platform Slack to talk about important issues, plan events, & more! Ask for an invite at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate – keep the momentum going!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.