The Party Has Seen A Staggering 800+ Volunteer Shift Sign Ups
Tallahassee, Fla. — The Florida Democratic Party is doing a weekend of action to register voters ahead of the Florida Presidential Primary registration deadline of February 18, with events happening weekend long across the Sunshine State. The party expects to see hundreds of volunteers knocking on doors and engaging at community events to register and sign voters up to vote-by-mail.
The party has invested $5.2 million to register 200,000 voters before the general election. FDP has already registered 31,000 voters and conducted 23,000 volunteer shifts.
Terrie Rizzo, chair of the Florida Democratic Party, called the weekend an important part of engaging Floridians in our democracy:
Floridians have a right to vote, and the Florida Democratic Party is working to make sure every American in the state of Florida has the opportunity to register to vote and be heard at the ballot box. We are thrilled with the outpouring of volunteers who are excited to register voters and organize for the general election to make Donald Trump a one-term president!
Coconut Grove Arts Festival
WHERE: Booth inside and volunteers outside the arts festival at 2700 S Bayshore DrMiami, FL 33133
WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 15 and Sunday, Feb. 16 from 11 am to 6 pm
Lakeland Black History Festival
WHERE: Booth inside the festival at 1104 Martin L King Jr Ave, Lakeland, FL 33805
WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 15 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Palm Beach County Voter Registration Canvass in Lake Worth with FDP Chair Rizzo
WHERE: 15 S J St., Lake Worth, FL 33460
WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 15 at 10:00AM
As part of the Florida Democratic Party’s efforts to register voters and turn Florida blue in November:
- FDP began our field efforts in June of 2019, registering 31,000 voters and completing 23,000 volunteer shifts in 2019.
- FDP’s has more than 90 full-time staff and an additional 32 part-time staff working to defeat Trump and turn Florida blue (larger than the RPOF and Trump’s Florida campaign team combined).
- FDP launched its voter protection program, including its voter protection hotline a year earlier than ever before.
- In 2019, Democrats added more new registrants to voting rolls than the GOP in 2019 compared to the GOP adding more new registrants to voting rolls than Democrats in 2017.
- FDP’s Voter Protection Hotline is (833) VOTE-FLA or (833) 868-3352
FDP Voter Registration Fact: Volunteerism
Fact: Tomorrow, FDP is holding a Weekend of Action to register voters and explain what is at stake in the election of 2020. As part of the weekend, we have organized over 250 neighborhood voter registration drives across the state on Saturday and Sunday February 15th and 16th.
Bonus Fact: In 2019, FDP completed 23,617 volunteer shifts and had 9,409 active volunteers who completed 1 or more shifts. In 2015, we had only completed 2,988 volunteer shifts and had 1,073 active volunteers.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.