February 18 is the last day to register to vote to participate in Florida’s Democratic Presidential Primary on March 17. Floridians have just six days left to register if they wish to vote in the Democratic Presidential Primary.
The Florida Democratic Party has a voter registration portal to assist Floridians registering to vote. The portal is HERE.
Quick Facts To Remember:
- To vote in the Democratic Presidential Primary on March 17, Floridians need to register to vote by February 18. To vote in the Democratic Presidential Primary on March 17, Floridians need to be registered to vote and registered as a Democrat.
- February 18, 2020, is the deadline to register to vote or update party registration to be eligible to vote in the March 17, 2020, Democratic Primary.
- Voters who want to vote-by-mail must request ballots by 5 p.m. March 10. They can visit Fl.Dems.Vote for information on requesting a ballot.
The Florida Democratic Party has committed $5.2 million to voter registration efforts with a goal of creating the electorate Democrats need to win as opposed to accepting the electorate we have. In the summer of 2019, FDP set a goal of registering 200,000 voters by July of 2020 and we are on target to meet that goal.
As part of the Florida Democratic Party’s efforts to register voters and turn Florida blue in November:
- FDP began our field efforts in June of 2019, registering 31,000 voters and completing 23,000 volunteer shifts in 2019.
- FDP’s has more than 90 full-time staff and an additional 32 part-time staff working to defeat Trump and turn Florida blue (larger than the RPOF and Trump’s Florida campaign team combined).
- FDP launched its voter protection program, including its voter protection hotline a year earlier than ever before.
- In 2019, Democrats added more new registrants to voting rolls than the GOP in 2019 compared to the GOP adding more new registrants to voting rolls than Democrats in 2017.
- FDP’s Voter Protection Hotline is (833) VOTE-FLA or (833) 868-3352.
- Orlando Weekly: Hey, Florida: Feb. 18 is the deadline to register to vote, or change parties, before the primaries
- News Service of Florida: Florida Democrats have 200K more registered voters than Republicans right now, and other voting facts
- News 6: Heads up, Florida: Deadline to register to vote, change party affiliations is near
- Fox 13: February 18 is deadline to register for Florida’s presidential primary
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.