⏰ 40 WEEKS UNTIL THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION!
- Monday, Jan 27, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm – Unleash Local Statewide Action Tour- Help more people earn a living wage in our state by supporting the UNLEASH LOCAL coalition effort to allow local government to make labor decisions in your community. Carpenters & Pile Drivers Local Union 1846 – 2850 Massachusetts Ave
- 🚨Weds, Jan 29 , 12:00 pm- SAVE OUR DEMOCRACY VIGIL! – Join I-NOLA and Make It Fair to tell Senator Kennedy you want a fair trial with witnesses and documents! Location: Sen. Kennedy’s office – 500 Poydras Street. Details
- Thurs, Jan 30, 8:30 am – 10:30 am – LWPRC Listening Tour- The LWPRC is conducting a listening tour across Louisiana to speak with women regarding concerns they face in their daily lives. This event will provide a forum for women to vocalize and elevate their specific concerns and to recommend possible solutions and/or strategies. Location: 1600 Constance Street. Details here
Writing postcards works! 60% of the voters we sent postcards to for the Governor Runoff election voted! 88 people who did not vote in the Oct 2019 election voted in the runoff!
Help defeat Trump and come to our first postcard party on Tues!
ACTION OF THE DAY
Call the Senate and Demand a Fair Trial. DEMAND JOHN BOLTON TESTIFY!
- Sen. Bill Cassidy – DC OFFICE: (202) 224-5824 and METAIRIE OFFICE: (504) 838-0130
- Sen. John Kennedy: DC OFFICE: (202) 224-4623 and NEW ORLEANS OFFICE (504) 581-6190
NOW IS THE TIME TO CALL YOUR SENATORS!
The NY Times reported Sunday night “President Trump told his national security adviser in August that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens, according to an unpublished manuscript by the former adviser, John R. Bolton.”
☎️THE SENATE MUST SUBPOENA JOHN BOLTON. We deserve a fair trial with witnesses and documents being held by the White House.
Hello, my name is (YOUR NAME) calling from zip code (YOUR ZIP CODE) in (YOUR TOWN/CITY). I am deeply frustrated by _______’s refusal to support a fair and public trial. As a constituent, I expect him to uphold his oath. I want John Bolton to testify. I want _____ to support the presentation of new evidence and witnesses at the impeachment trial. I’ll be watching how _____ votes.
Contact Chief Justice John Roberts and tell him to conduct a fair trial!
“While the Constitution doesn’t offer much detail other than that “the Chief Justice shall preside,” a review of the Federalist Papers shows that the founders in fact wanted the chief justice to be much more than a ceremonial officer or a potted plant. They wanted him or her to play an important, substantive role, as one who presides in the sense of a judge overseeing a trial, or even the vice president presiding over the Senate.” https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/01/22/founders-wanted-john-roberts-assert-himself-impeachment-trial-101727
When we hear of a trial with no witnesses or evidence and learn of jurors (senators) doing crossword puzzles, reading books, milling around, and playing with fidgets spinners, seemingly in disdain of the process, it does make this all look like a sham.
Let’s tell Chief Justice John Roberts that we want him to take on that substantive role as a presider to ensure that witnesses and evidence and proper decorum make this a real trial. The Supreme Court Clerk’s number is: 202-479-3011 or we can use this online form:
⚖️Ask him to subpoena John Bolton in this electronic form: https://www.supremecourt.gov/contact/contact_pio.aspx
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.