The fight for the Senate and the presidency is going to be fought in swing states across the country, and if you’re one of those people who’s looking to do some traveling as you volunteer in 2020, the Seattle-based organization Common Purpose can help you do it. (They also do a ton of work on the ground here in Washington.) We speak this week with the founder of Common Purpose, David Domke, a professor of communications at the University of Washington.
Then, Seattle-based singer-songwriter Tae Phoenix joins us from Washington DC to updates us on her work with the #SwarmtheSenate, a collective of activist groups who are converging each day on the Senate and Senate office buildings to demand the removal of Donald Trump.
All that, plus our weekly call to action.
- COMMON PURPOSE:
Sign up to do field work across the country with Common Purpose: commonpurposenow.org/2020fieldworksignups
- Common Purpose Primary State Tour of South Carolina: commonpurposenow.org/tours
- Introductory workshops for Common Purpose: commonpurposenow.org/events
- TAE PHOENIX/#SWARMTHESENATE:
If you’d like to join Tae Phoenix at the #SwarmtheSenate protests in DC…
Tae’s email: email@example.com
- If you can’t make it to DC, find a Remove Trump mobilization near you: actionnetwork.org/event_campaigns/…mp-mobilizations
- To help Tae with her expenses in DC…
- Tae singing in the Senate Rotunda: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI9J67kIX…mc_cid=aec26e13c6
- ADAM SMITH TOWN HALL:
Congressman Adam Smith’s Town Hall: Saturday, 1/25 from 11AM-1PM @ the Teamsters, 14675 Interurban Ave S #307, Tukwila, WA 98168.
Register for free tickets here: www.facebook.com/events/633148097225891/?ti=ia
Indivisible leaders are asking members to show up to push for a National Defense Authorization Act bill with the following provisions:
1. No use of funds for border wall
2. No US involvement in Yemen
3. Overturn transgender ban
4. Repeal the AUMF
- HUMANE PET SALES BILL: Humane Pet Sales Bill text and info: app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillN…e=false&Year=2019
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.