RUN FOR DNC DELEGATE
On Tuesday, Jan. 7, the Ohio Democratic Party will hold 16 congressional district caucuses across Ohio to elect 89 district-level delegates and eight alternates for the 2020 Democratic National Convention.
Anyone registered as a Democrat in Ohio can run for delegate, but the deadline to apply to run is Tuesday, Dec. 31.
To apply to run for delegate, go to go.ohiodems.org/delegate.
OHIO DEMS CONDEMN CYBER EXPLOITATION
A month ago, the nation saw a horrific example of cyber exploitation in the case of former Congresswoman Katie Hill, who was targeted by her ex-husband. Led by the Ohio Democratic Party Chair David Pepper, the national organization of state Democratic parties (the Association of State Democratic Chairs) recently passed a resolution condemning cyber exploitation. The Ohio Democratic Party and other state parties are committed to support candidates and officeholders who are the targets of such abuse and to hold perpetrators accountable.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT…
Here are five important stories you may have missed this week…
- Columbus Dispatch: Price controls are proper to protect diabetics’ lifesaving insulin
- Washington Post: Two years later, every promise made about the GOP tax cuts has been broken
- WOSU: Ohio’s Economy Spent 2019 Struggling With Tariffs. Will 2020 Bring Relief?
- Politico: Democrats seize on anti-Obamacare ruling to steamroll GOP in 2020
- Vox: Trump really doesn’t want to talk about his health care record
- Tuesday, Dec. 31 — Wood County Young Democrats New Year’s Eve Celebration
- Thursday, Jan. 2 — Sam Melden for Toledo City Council Swearing-In
- Thursday, Jan. 2 — Merisa Bowers for Gahanna City Council Swearing-In
- Sunday, Jan. 5 — Lunch with Madison County Democratic Party
- Monday, Jan. 6 — Anthony Caldwell for South-Western City Schools Swearing-In
- Tuesday, Jan. 7 — Pre-Primary Caucuses to Elect Convention Delegates
- Thursday, Jan. 9 — Make Toledo Anti-Hate Again Counter-Rally
- Sunday, Jan. 12 — State Rep. Beth Liston 2020 Re-election Kickoff in Columbus
- Monday, Jan. 13 — Michaela Burriss for Upper Arlington City Council Swearing-In
- Thursday, Jan. 16 — Jessica D’Varga for Franklin County Municipal Court Judge Swearing-In
- Saturday, Jan. 18 — Ohio Young Democrats Winter Meeting in Columbus
|Paid for by the Ohio Democratic Party and not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee. https://ohiodems.org|
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.