Climate change, immigration, aid for Ukraine, and more!
Contact all members of Congress:
- By phone: (202) 224-3121
- By email: democracy.io
- By US mail: Representatives / Senators
- By fax: Representatives / Senators
- By Resistbot: Resist.bot
Contact White House or other federal agencies:
- SEVERE WEATHER AND CLIMATE CHANGE:“Relentless drought in California, extreme rainfall in the UK, record heat in China – some of the most severe weather events that have occurred around the world in the past few years were made far more likely due to the climate crisis, new research has found.” https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jan/09/climate-crisis-extreme-weather-heat-rainfall-drought While this is a global issue, extreme weather has caused people worldwide to be more concerned about climate change, including Americans. “And climate is an issue most Americans want to see addressed by political leaders: a big majority want their representative in Congress to support efforts to fight climate change, rather than oppose such efforts.” Let’s make sure we let all our state and federal legislators know that we want them to support efforts to support climate change.
- IMMIGRATION: Although it was the Trump administration that first implemented Title 42 as an inhumane excuse to restrict and expel asylum seekers in the United States during the pandemic, the Biden administration has waffled on its support of the policy. Most recently, Biden has expanded the use of Title 42 , despite its intended health-related purpose of stopping infectious diseases from coming into the country, against asylum seekers from Cuba, Haiti, and Nicaragua, if they enter through another country first, also referred to as a “transit ban.” Let’s read about the new policy, then check out the ACLU’s resource on how to discuss the legally-protected right to seek asylum. Finally, let’s contact Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas to let him know that we stand firmly against any use of Title 42 and other restrictions to asylum: DHS comment line: 202-282-8495, Twitter: @SecMayorkas, Mailing address: The Honorable Alejandro Mayorkas, Secretary of Homeland Security, Washington, DC 20528
- DEMAND CONTINUED AID FOR UKRAINE:
The farthest right Republicans and the farthest left Democrats have long objected to our support for Ukraine’s fight for freedom and democracy, and with the GOP House takeover they’re increasingly powerful. But a large majority of Americans, including more than half of independents, support continuing aid. Let’s contact our members of Congress and make sure they know that we still stand with Ukraine, and we expect them to vote against cutting it.
- ELECT THE FIRST BLACK WOMAN FROM VA TO CONGRESS: If Democrat Jennifer McClellan wins in the February 21 special election, she’ll be the first Black woman ever elected to Congress from Virginia. Let’s help her campaign and/or sign up to write postcards.
- POSTCARDS TO VOTERS FOR PENNSYLVANIA STATE SENATE RACE:Right now, Postcards To Voters is writing for Patricia Lawton in a Pennsylvania State Senate seat election on January 31st. If we are already approved with PTV, we can text, email, or Slack message to get addresses. If we are new to PTV, we can start the approval process to be ready for the next campaign.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.