Halloween is a time of ghosts and goblins and spooky stories. Don’t let the scary stories circulating about the election deter you from doing everything you can to get our Democratic candidates elected. There are a variety of opportunities to talk to voters and make sure that they vote and that their votes count. Please put as much effort into these last 10 days as possible. When We Vote, We Win!
Help Re-elect Abigail Spanberger
Join Swing Left on a free day trip to knock on doors and talk to voters in VA-02 on Sunday November 6. We’ll be talking to voters to make sure that they know about the election, are supporting Democratic candidates, and have a plan to get out and vote by Election Day, November 8.
Join on your own during the GOTV weekend of Nov 5-6:
Help Re-elect Elaine Luria
- Join a coalition of grassroots groups for a canvassing event in Virginia Beach on Oct. 29-30 to help hold Elaine Luria‘s seat. We will launch from her headquarters on Saturday morning. For those who can stay overnight, we will have a group rate at the Hilton Garden Inn in Virginia Beach Center and dinner nearby. We will also provide, to the extent available, accommodations at host families. We will arrange for rides, but drivers will be needed. More information is on the Google Sign Up. For individuals going on their own, please sign up for whatever shifts you can do that weekend – Mobilize Sign Up Questions and to help, contact Annette.email@example.com
- CCAN is doing vote tripling in Luria’s district. It’s an actually fun and effective tactic. RSVP for Tuesdays and Saturdays here. If people need transportation and housing support, contact Zander (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jamie (email@example.com). We would love to get people down to CD2 and want to help if money is a barrier.
- More Luria Volunteer Opportunities
We have an opportunity in Manassas and Leesburg to help re-elect Congresswoman Jennifer Wexton and multiple women at the local level at each of these staging locations. The Wexton race has now closed to within a field margin and all of these women candidates need us to volunteer to knock doors right now. Please sign up for as many events as you can at https://www.mobilize.us/wextonforcongress/
Please join to officially kickoff the Final 4 weekend in Sterling, with Congresswoman Jennifer Wexton and Senator Tim Kaine!
Saturday, October 29 at 2pm and beyond for Door Hangers
Please join the NAACP in dropping door hangers in key locations in Northern Virginia such as Fairfax, Prince William, Arlington, Stafford, Winchester and others. The door hangers will remind Black voters to vote early and to support candidates who champion NAACP priorities! Volunteer Sign-Up Here.
Training on the new PDI Mobile Connect App (find in the app store) will be available for everyone who signs up. Volunteer Sign-Up Here.
Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays – Cure the Vote with the DCCC
Join Democrats in Virginia to play a vital role in ensuring every vote counts! The DCCC will be calling Virginia voters whose ballots have been rejected to help them cure their ballot so that their voices are heard! Register here.
The Virginia Democratic Black Caucus with the Center for Common Ground are calling Black voters in various counties in Virginia and age groups to get out the vote for the November 8th general election! Because voting early in person is more flexible with hours and locations, let’s encourage voters in Virginia to take advantage of this option! MAKE CALLS NOW AND LATER.
Volunteer with Rideshare2Vote – Rideshare2Vote is offering free rides to the polls for Democrats in Virginia. Training is available to drivers, phone banker, or dispatch operators. Please help make sure that no Democratic voter gets left behind! Register to volunteer HERE. Contact: Tracy Scott – 713.922.0955. Tracy.Scott@RideShare2Vote.com
Swipe Blue – This app is really easy to use. Texting apps help us reach rural voters as well as urban voters. You can use it to text locally or nationally! Swipe Blue does NOT store your contacts. Please give it a try! https://www.swipeblue.org/
The 2022 midterms are poised to be the most consequential in decades, with issues like voting rights, women’s rights, and democracy itself at stake. Join us the day after the election as we unpack what has unfolded so far, what races and measures we may still be waiting for results on, and what’s next. Speakers:
- David Plouffe, Former Senior Advisor to President Obama, New York Times best-selling author, political analyst for NBC News and host of the Campaign HQ podcast
- Rob Jesmer, Managing Partner of FP1 Strategies
- Moderator: Sewell Chan, Editor in Chief of The Texas Tribune
Virtual Virginia Grassroots Coalition Meeting
Join 50+ grassroots groups as we debrief the 2022 elections and plan for the 2023 Virginia legislative session with updates from our working groups, who focus on the following topics:
- Clean Energy and Climate
- Gas and Pipelines
- Gun Violence Prevention
- Campaign Finance Reform
- Women’s Reproductive Health
Our new Virginia Grassroots Page is geared toward making it easy for new or occasional voters. And includes PDFs of info in Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Hindi, & English: https://www.virginiagrassroots.org/action-vote-easy.php
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.