Election Day, November 8, 2022
Help Us Protect the Workers and Volunteers
Who Make Democracy Possible
Election officials face an increasing wave of state laws subjecting them to criminal penalties for performing their professional duties while at the same time facing threats of violence to themselves and their families. These attacks on election officials, the referees in democracy, must be fought, and election officials need to know they are not alone.
— Election Official Legal Defense Network
President Biden won PA by 80,555 votes. Democrats have made gains statewide, but we must work on all fronts as we head into November.
- Call Pennsylvania voters about their mail-in ballots and help make sure their voices are heard in the upcoming election. Training provided Turn PA Blue & the PA House Democratic Campaign Committee; uses an auto-dialer. Sign up here.
Protecting the vote has never been more important. We can help by recruiting poll observers who will observe the voting process and make sure that every NC voter who wants to vote can vote.
- This is the last week to recruit poll observers for Early Voting, which starts October 20th. Between now and Friday, make as many calls as you can to make sure all polling locations are covered. You’ll be calling from a pool of consistent Democratic voters and volunteers; we leave voicemails and send a follow-up text. Next week, we’ll continue recruiting these important volunteers to serve on Election Day. Read more with this Introduction, then contact Dana for the phone bank link.
Poll Observer recruitment is in full swing. On election day, these are volunteers, along with the Poll Workers, who will protect the vote. These are easy and rewarding calls to dedicated Dems. NH needs 150 to 200 more poll observers to be trained.
- Read more about these calls here, and then join us on Sunday PowerHour. If you don’t have an OpenVPB account (the platform used to make these calls), check out this guide. Get up to speed and then join us on Sunday for the PowerHour or make calls on your own. For the phone bank link or assistance, contact Rebecca.
Interested in voter protection in Wisconsin? Between the SCOTUS and the WI Supreme Court, Wisconsin voters face some of the most challenging voting obstacles in the country. SCOTUS ensured that Wisconsinites have the most gerrymandered state legislative map in the country for another 10 years. WI Supreme Court has banned drop boxes and any form of 3rd party assistance from returning a mail ballot.
- Fortunately, the WisDems have a strong voter protection team. If you are interested in voter protection in Wisconsin, there are several ways to get involved. These actions vary over time. Contact Ann, a member of the WisDems Super Vol team, who will hook you into the voter protection team.
Fund the Movement
As we head into the home stretch, your financial support will go toward supporting
- a proven vote-getter, TurnPA Blue, whose work supports candidates up and down the ballot, including the race for a U.S. Senate seat,
- the New Hampshire Young Democrats, a powerhouse with a proven track record that could actually flip the 2020 right-wing takeover of the state,
- Valerie Jordan, running for the North Carolina Senate, an at-risk Democrat in an uncomfortably close struggle that could end with the Republicans gaining a supermajority in the state legislature.
- Wisconsin, Governor Tony Evers, the only bulwark against the state legislature’s ultra-conservative agenda.
Or contribute through your Giving Circle!
Lean Left Vermont has raised more than $325,000 since 2017!
Check the Website for More Events!!
North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin: Thursday, October 13, 7:30-9 pm. Reaching the Top: National Summit with Senate candidates Cheri Beasley (NC), John Fetterman (PA), and Mandela Barnes (WI); environmental activist Bill McKibben; executive director of Planned Parenthood Action Fund Kelly Robinson; and Representative Jamie Raskin (MD). Under Democratic leadership, we now have the largest investment in climate change, guaranteed health care for veterans, the ability to negotiate lower drug prices, investment in rebuilding the nation’s infrastructure, and investment in US-based technology. We need to maintain the momentum! Find out how at this National Summit that will focus on North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Sign up here!
Every Friday at 3 pm, Lean Left Office Hours. Questions about PowerHours or our recommended text/phone banks? Which action should you choose? Need tech help or a refresher on the calling/texting tools we’ll be using? We have Office Hours for just this reason! Use this link to drop in.
Every Sunday between now and November 8, we’ll be making calls together at the Lean Left PowerHour. Show up anytime between 3 and 5 pm, then spend an hour working with other like-minded activists. If you only have one hour per week to dedicate to strengthening our democracy, PowerHour is the place for you! Here’s how it works.
Good Trouble Cafes + Giving Circles
Add Up to a Stronger Movement
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.