Climate change is back on the table in Congress. The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (IRA) (formerly Build Back Better) is the best chance at meaningful federal legislation to address climate change — $300 billion in Deficit Reduction and $369 billion in Energy Security and Climate Change programs over the next ten years, despite concessions to the fossil fuel industry.
A vote is expected in the Senate tomorrow and the House the following week. Please click here to contact your Congress people today! and share this with your group members
The bill will:
- Make a historic down payment on deficit reduction to fight inflation.
- Invest in domestic energy production and manufacturing.
- Reduce carbon emissions by roughly 40 percent by 2030.
- Allow Medicare to negotiate for prescription drug prices.
- Extend the expanded Affordable Care Act program for three years through 2025.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.