How is an 18 year old radicalized to kill? Follow the blood money to billionaires and the politicians blocking gun safety measures.
“The suspect in the fatal shooting of 10 people at a Buffalo, New York, supermarket Saturday was reportedly haunted by the “great replacement” conspiracy theory — a viciously racist view of the world that has been touted by Fox News host Tucker Carlson.” – HuffPost/MSN
Businesses making money by selling ads have to keep their viewers on their platforms longer ,so they can be served more ads. It’s that simple. Unfortunately they’ll share hate, racism and conspiracy theories that radicalizes people. How do billionaires from radicalizing White Supremacy terrorists? Should some of their ad revenues be used to compensate victims by a shooter they radicalized? Republicans blocking gun safety measures that makes it easier for mass shooters to get guns and ammunition are should also be held accountable.
Use this PowerMap to understand the role that billionaire owned firms play in radicalizing White Supremacist terrorists:
- 18-year-old white shooter live streamed killing 10 people in Buffalo on Twitch owned by Amazon
- White supremacist Stefan Molyneux’s channel had 900,000 subscribers on YouTube owned by Larry Page
- A white supremacist gunman live-streamed on Facebook as he massacred 51 people at two New Zealand mosques
- A mass shooter used YouTube tutorials to modify his weapons
- Tech Transparency Project study found more than 100 white supremacist groups had a presence on Facebook owned by Mark Zuckerberg
- A Facebook event page shared the deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, VA
- Tucker Carlson promotes White Supremacist ‘Great Replacement’ Conspiracy on Fox News owned by Rupert Murdoch
Preaching hate for profit
Fox News’ Tucker Carlson made the exact same argument:”I know that the left and all the gatekeepers on Twitter become literally hysterical if you use the term ‘replacement,’ if you suggest that the Democratic Party is trying to replace the current electorate, the voters now casting ballots, with new people, more obedient voters, from the third world. But, they become hysterical because that’s what’s happening, actually. Let’s just say it: That’s true. Every time they import a new voter, I become disenfranchised as a current voter.” – CNN
“Tucker Carlson Continues To Promote White Supremacist ‘Great Replacement’ Conspiracy. “Folks like me who are Caucasian, or European descent ― for the first time in 2017, we’ll be an absolute minority in the United States of America,” Biden said in his 2015 remarks. “Fewer than 50% of the people in America from then and on will be white European stock. That’s not a bad thing. That’s a source of our strength.” – HuffPost
Follow the blood money
- YouTube: YouTube, like most other Google properties, earns the bulk of its revenue through advertisements. YouTube is able to embed targeted advertising directly into the video clips that its users watch, as well as promote featured content. In the first nine months of 2021, YouTube generated $20.21 billion from advertising. – Investopedia
- Twitch – Market research company Nielsen estimates that Twitch brought in revenue from all sources of about $2 billion in 2020. – Investopedia
- Meta Platforms Inc. (FB), the company that owns Facebook, primarily makes money by selling advertising space on its various social media platforms. Meta posted had $33.7 billion in total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2021.” Investopedia
- Only about 3 million Americans watch Fox News on a daily basis yet the nation’s estimated 65 million cable-connected households are forced to fund Fox News, allowing Fox to reap an estimated $1.8 billion in revenue per year in carriage fees.
Twitch sends Buffalo victims ‘thoughts & prayers’ but will keep the ad money
“We are devastated to hear about the shooting that took place this afternoon in Buffalo. Our hearts go out to the community impacted by this tragedy”, said a Twitch spokesperson – Variety
TakeAway: Hold billionaires accountable for the deaths that their greed causes.
DISCLAIMER: ALTHOUGH THE DATA FOUND IN THIS BLOG AND INFOGRAPHIC HAS BEEN PRODUCED AND PROCESSED FROM SOURCES BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE, NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CAN BE MADE REGARDING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, LEGALITY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES TO ANY USES OF THE INFORMATION WHETHER ISOLATED OR AGGREGATE USES THEREOF.
Authoritarian socialist DeSantis attacks Disney
Fix Medicaid. Don’t kill it.
Ukraine’s fight for democracy has a lesson for Democrats
Republican war on women led by questionable men
FOX uses Russian propaganda tricks to spread disinformation
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.