The 2020 election and its aftermath showed us that our neighboring state of Nevada is a battleground state for our democracy and made it clear: What happens in Nevada in 2022 will affect us all. The stakes are too high for us to sit on the sidelines, hoping democracy will come out on top. No. We are gearing up to #DoTheWork for democracy to win in Nevada, and we are asking you to join us.
- Senator Catherine Cortez Masto, the first Latina US Senator, is being heavily targeted by Republicans as she ends her first term. Expanding the Democrats’ razor thin majority in the US Senate depends on reelecting Senator Cortez Masto this year.
- Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak signed sweeping legislation last year that made voting more accessible in Nevada. Governor Sisolak is up for reelection this year.
- Democrats hold majorities in both the Nevada State House and the Nevada State Senate (hence the expansion of vote by mail, automatic voter registration and more) but the State Senate margin is only 3 seats and must be defended.
- Nevada contributed critical electoral college votes to President Biden’s win in 2020 but Biden won by Nevada by only 33,000 votes. We must build voter engagement for the next presidential election in 2024.
- Nevada was ground zero for the Trump campaign’s false claims of voter fraud. Nevada must have a Secretary of State who administers and certifies a free and fair election.
We’re counting on you!
The Indivisible Yolo Team
Join Indivisible Yolo and Sister District CA-3 to knock on doors in Reno, Nevada! We are coordinating with the Environmental Voter Project to connect with progressive voters about the June primary. (Research shows: if voters show up for the primary, they’re a sure thing for the November general election.) Join us for these TWO linked events:
Thursday, April 28, 7-8 p.m. Online Training
Saturday, April 30, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Knock Doors in Reno, Nevada
Sign up here: https://www.mobilize.us/indivisibleyolo/event/451619/
First-timers welcome! We’ll answer all your questions at the 4/28 training and arrange carpools if needed or wanted. Then, on 4/30, we’ll leave the Davis area by 7:30 am to arrive in Reno by 10 am.
Can’t make it April 30? Pencil in one of our other canvassing dates this spring: May 22, June 11, June 12 and stay tuned for more info.
Join Indivisible Yolo and Sister District CA-3 in writing postcards to Nevada voters to re-elect U.S. Senator Catherine Cortez Masto. We’re writing as part of an Activate America campaign to Democrats and Democratic-leaning voters who don’t vote in every election, as well as to new Nevadans and young Nevadans, encouraging them to re-elect this pro-choice senator who is key to keeping the Senate blue. These postcards should be mailed by May 7th.
Please submit this form to request addresses today. We so appreciate it!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.